Final part < It Can Be Hard But It's Worth It >

Joey’s pov:

I can’t believe I ever even tried to ignore any of this. How could I have ever tried to deny the fact that I love Shane? cause I do, I love him, so much. I love him and all this little things that come with him. The way that he’s so happy most of the time or the fact that he can’t be serious for a second. The stupid faces he can make and the way he knows how I feel at all times, which is so annoying but I still love it. I love that too, the way Shane can be extremely annoying but I keep loving it only because it’s Shane. I love the fact that I now know what love is and that even though things have been really hard for me, I now see that, it’s all worth it because I have Shane. Every thought that crosses my mind includes Shane one way or another, I can’t help it.

I’m still a bit afraid to tell people about the fact that I’m gay though but I know that, in the end It’ll be alright. I think I have to stop labelling myself as gay, I am, for sure but it just feels more comfortable to say that I am ‘with Shane’ than to say that I am ‘gay’, I don’t know, it just seems more natural to say that. Shane is the best there is, the best thing that ever happened to me. sorry, I’m sounding like a 15 year old school girl, babbling about her crush but you know what? I don’t care.

Joey: Shane, would you do me a favour?

Shane: anything for you joey

Joey: yeah, uhm, I called my mom and she asked if I wanted to come over and have dinner with her and I said yes, would you please come with me?

Shane: of course, free food, I’m in!

Joey; yeah, now uhm… I mean if you don’t want to, you don’t have to

Shane: no joey, I want to!

Joey: wait I wasn’t finished! If you don’t want to, you don’t have to but would it be okay for you if I like told my mom? About us? Tonight?

Shane: Joey, do you mean that? I mean, of course I would be okay with that!

I felt myself relax and I was relieved Shane was okay with it. I don’t know what had gotten into me that I suddenly felt some kind of urge to tell my mom but I think that she’ll understand. I hope so. I’ve told myself that I’ll still have Shane in the end and that she maybe won’t be jumping for joy from the start but she’ll be okay with it in the end, right?

I can’t believe I’ve learned this much about myself, all thanks to Shane. He literally changed my life. In a very, very good way! I love him, I’ve loved him from the start and I am sure I always will, I want to love him forever. I don’t know what the future will bring but I don’t care really, as long as Shane is there with me. He promised me he will be and I can’t bring myself to think he’s lying, I’ve never liked believing someone this much. If you think about it, everything, anything Shane has ever promised me, he’s always kept his promise, he’s never lied to me, he’s never failed me, I guess he’s just simply and utterly perfect. I know, nobody’s perfect, but Shane, Shane is! 

-Fin-