Happy <part 14>

Joey’s pov:

Do you ever have this warm, peaceful feeling? Like you don't know why but you're not sad at all not really cheerful either…just -happy-

This warm, silent and peaceful, happy feeling. That was the feeling I had when I woke up next to Shane. He was still sleeping. Sleeping Shane is so cute! I had been lying there for a while, just staring at him. He finally woke up.

He looked at me, eyes squinted. ‘Joey?’ he mumbled. I smiled at him.

Joey: good morning Shane!

Shane: joey?

He said questioning, like he didn’t expect I would still be there.

Shane: Is this real life?

The way he said that made me realise he was just kind of teasing me. He knew all too well that this was real life and I’m sure he just wanted me to face the fact that it was. I didn’t mind this was real life though, the only thing his comment did to me was flutter me. I mean, this was heaven for me but it was nice to hear from Shane that he liked being there too. 

I kissed his cheek. ‘No, you must be in heaven’ I said while I winked. He smirked. He put his arm around me as I put my head on his chest. We were silent for a while. The silence was comfortable, not awkward at all.

‘and?’ Shane finally said.

And? And what? What did he mean?

Joey: what, and?

Shane: and, how was it?

The question itself wasn’t completely stupid, I mean, it’s normal that he wanted to know how it had been for me but I didn’t really know what to answer.

Joey: it was…

I doubted my word choice.

Joey: …different.

Shane: Different good or different bad?

Different bad? What? It had been amazing, I had never felt like that in my whole life! How could he think it had been bad? If I had to describe it the last word I would have picked was ‘bad’. Wait, maybe it had been bad for Shane?

Joey: bad? Well, was it bad to you?

I said, a little insecure.

Shane laughed.

Shane: joey please, how could anything with you be bad?

He was doing it again, making my heart race, making me fall in love with him. He knew how to flutter me and he did it on purpose but I don’t think he has any idea of what an effect it has on me. I felt them, the butterflies and I loved feeling them, I had never felt them before, I had thought I had felt them before but because of Shane I knew I hadn’t. I reminded myself once again how much I loved him, I didn’t do it on purpose but I always caught myself falling for him over and over again, I didn’t mind though.

Joey: well, I thought it was amazing.

I looked Shane in the eyes and I didn’t expect for those words to mean so much to him but they did.

Shane: really joey? You mean that?

Joey: Of course I do!   

He was blushing. WHAT A CUTIE!

Joey: Shane? are you blushing?!

Shane took a pillow and hid his face behind it.

Shane: NO I’m not!