Could this get any worse? <part 7>

Shane’s pov:

I woke up in my room with a huge headache. i tried to remember what happened last night. I remembered I was at Megan’s party and joey and I were doing a drinking game. I was lucky I won most of the rounds we played. I’m not used to drinking and I don’t think I would have survived the amount of alcohol joey had to drink. I remembered he was some sort of holding my hand. And Shanna! Of course Shanna walked in and they went out. she ruined my chance with joey! how could I forget. I don’t remember what happened after that.

Joeys pov:

When I woke up, the first thing that come to mind was: why joey?

why do you kiss people when you’re drunk? And what now!? God I didn’t know what to do.

I had a text:

*: good Moring joey! <3

Oh no, that ‘<3’!

I gave the wrong impression…

or not?

Shanes pov:

I went downstairs and made myself some breakfast. Not that I was hungry. I didn’t know what time it was, I looked at the clock to see it was already 2pm. Well, looks like my breakfast is going to be lunch I said to myself. About half an hour later I heard my phone ring.

It was Shanna.

*Shane: hello?

*Shanna: Shane! God why don’t you reply any of my texts!?

*Shane: oh sorry Shanna, I just woke up and I didn’t check my phone yet.

*Shanna: well, you’ve got to help me!

*Shane: with what?

*Shanna: well, my car won’t start and I promised joey I would come over, could you pleeeeeeeease give me a ride?

*Shane: uhm, maybe. Why are you guys meeting?

*Shanna: omg, of course! You don’t know yet! You went home cause you didn’t feel well.

*Shane: don’t know what? Shanna you know I don’t like it when you act mysterious

*Shanna: well, you went home after your drinking game with those carts and joey joined at the campfire.

*Shane: yeah, so what ?

*Shanna: weeeell, he kissed me.

she said it in a very excited way

‘he kissed me’ that sentence kept repeating itself in my head. I didn’t respond. I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t handle this. I liked joey, A LOT, and now my best friend and he kissed! I felt sad, no not sad miserable. My eyes filled with tears. I think up till that moment I hadn’t realised how strong my feelings for joey were.

I went from sad to an angry kind of sad

what the actual fuck was he thinking? He kissed her, and he kissed me? why!? was he doing this to hurt me?

*Shanna: Shane? Are you still there?

*Shane: yeah, I’m still here

I said after a few seconds

‘and that’s great Shanna, I’m really happy for you!’

I tried to make it sound as if I was. I wasn’t happy at all. I don’t think I ever felt sadder than then.

*Shanna: oh thank you Shane! You’re the best!

*Shane: you too, Shanna, you too.

*Shanna: anyways, will you?

*Shane: will I what?

*Shanna: give me a ride?

great, I forgot about that, now I’ll have to act like I’m happy even more.

*Shane: I don’t know Shanna, I don’t really feel too great. I’m a bit hung over.

*Shanna: oh Shane pleaaaaase! I don’t have anyone else…

I really didn’t want to but after all she was my best friend.

*Shane: okay, I’ll give you a ride.

*Shanna: oooooh THANK YOU SHANE! YOU ARE THE BEST! I love you!

*Shane: you’re welcome, I’ll be there in 30 minutes

*Shanna: ok, good thanks again Shane!

*Shane: yeah yeah, bye.

I hang up.

My angry kind of sad was gone, It was now a broken-hearted, miserable and depressed kind of sad

It was then I started to cry. Up till then my eyes were only filled with tears but when I hang up I really, really started to CRY. I hated this. My BEST friend was dating my crush.

Wait no, joey wasn’t just a crush. I had really fallen in love with him. Somewhere deep down, I always kept hoping. Now all my hope was gone. I went upstairs and put some clothes on. I had to be at Shanna’s in 20 minutes.

*****************************

When I arrived at Shanna’s she was already waiting outside. I whipped away my tears and she got in the car. My face was still a bit red and puffy but I told Shanna that was because of my hangover. I drove to joeys house and when we got there Shanna asked me to come and say hi for a minute. I can tell you that I think I would have rather died than to go and say hi But like Shanna is, she got what she wanted and so I got out of the car and followed her to joeys front door. I can’t really describe the face he pulled when he saw me.

Joeys pov:

She sent me a <3

Does this mean we’re like together? I mean, I did kiss her.

Maybe I like her?

Yeah maybe I don’t mind being in a relationship with her! I mean she’s cool and she’s always been very nice to me and stuff. I could give it a try…

I texted her back

*joey: hi Shanna <3

*Shanna: okay joey, you can imagine that I would really like to see you now huh? Since what happened ;)

*joey: yeah of course I can imagine! ;) I would like to see you too xx

*Shanna: well then I’ll come over today! xxxx

*joey: do that! ;) xx <3

She’s coming over. Oh god. I better take a shower and brush my teeth!

About an hour after that I was ready. Ready to see my new girlfriend.

I watched some tv till the bell rang.

I went to open the door.

I was introduced to a very unprepared, awkward and uncomfortable surprise named: Shane

Wtf was he doing here, with her?

Shanna: hi joey!

She gave me a peck on the lips to say hi.

Shanes pov:

God please kill me now? I don’t mind, at all.

Joeys pov:

Shanna: Shane gave me a ride here since my car’s broke.

Yeey party, I said sarcastically to myself.

Joey: well, hi Shane

I pulled a smile, a fake one, but it was a smile and I shook his hand

Shane: hi joey.

Shanes pov:

I smiled back, fake, just like he did. Have I ever been in a more awkward situation than this one? I don’t think so.

Shane: well, I better go, don’t wanna bother the two lovebirds

Shanna: okay, thank you Shane

she said as she wave me goodbye.

When I got in my car I started crying again. I couldn’t take this. THIS was too much.