The Bittersweet Reunion

Chapter 16: the Bittersweet Reunion

Word Count: 580 (It's short, I know, I'm sorry T-T)

"What are you doing here?" My voice catches in my throat as I squeeze out the words. I stare into violet eyes. Backpedaling, I  scoot away from him. "Is it about Nanami, because i'm really not-" Suddenly his hand covers my mouth, and he kneels so his face is level with mine, his hair sweeping in front of his forehead.

"This isn't about Nanami, this is about you and me, right now." His voice is soft when he speaks, and I hesitate before leaning into his hand as it slides down my cheek, warmth enveloping me at a simple touch from the fox.

"Tomoe- I-" 

"I'm here to apologize for being such an asshat, so will you shut up and let me do it?" He sits in front of me, and I stare at him expectantly, squeezing my hands into fists to keep from touching him.

"I'm sorry, (y/n), I'm an asshat," He says it so simply that I have to suppress a laugh. Instead I clear my throat.

"Is that all?" I ask hesitantly. He flattens his ears, like it's hurting his pride to apologize.

He continues anyways.

"I'm sorry for making you go through stuff alone, I'm sorry I left you alone, I'm sorry I've been treating you differently since I came back, I'm sorry I've been so insensitive lately." He huffs, sighing as his grip tightens around my shoulder, his eyes skirting around the small room, finding anything to gaze at but my own.

"That took your ego a lot to say that huh?" I smile for the first time in ages, dipping my head down to meet his gaze. Suddenly my heart doesn't hurt so much, and with that realization I come to the conclusion that I just might me able to forgive him.

"To be honest I fill like I just stripped naked and tied myself up by the toes, but you deserve my apology at least." He growls the words, leaning closer to me, sliding his hand further down to my waist.

"And----" I prod, edging him to keep talking. I want to hear the husky edge of velvet as the words spill off his lips.

"And I miss you and I'm hoping that a heartfelt apology from your best friend will want to make you come back to the shrine." I hesitate, thinking carefully before looking around the room, acting clueless.

"Hiro hasn't apologized to me today." I say, matter-of-factly, watching the devilish glint light up his eyes.

Maybe I really will be able to forgive him.

"Oh I see, has the bear taken my place?" He moves away from me, and the next movement is so sudden that I don't even have a chance to think before my arms are reaching out, wrapping Tomoe in a hug. I nuzzle myself into his neck and he is quiet as he returns the gesture, resting his chin on my head.

"You're so much more than that to me." I mutter against his kimono as he relaxes further into me.

Maybe things can go back to how they're supposed to be.

You could break my heart in two, but when it heals it beats for you.

I'll always go back to you, Tomoe.

@@@@@@@

SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS HELLA SHORT, BUT I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY AND I WANTED TO GET SOMETHING DONE BY TODAY AND UGGH

Thanks everyone who reads, and I hope you like this chapter anyways.

xoxo

Harleighkinz