Prologue

A young girl lay in the fresh snow, now the color of crimson from her blood. Tears rolled down her cheeks from the immense pain of her wounds, inflicted by murderous yokai that attacked her mountain village.  She looked up at her brother, who stood in front of their unmoving parents. Her body trembled with rage and pain as she clawed at the snow with her uninjured arm.

"You bastard!" She managed to spit from her lips. Their eyes connected as he watched her grimace in pain. His eyes were no longer the soft brown ones that she knew and loved. They were now the piercing yellow eyes of a rat.

They were hideous. 

Angry tears coated the girl's face and fell into the blood soaked snow beneath her. The rat dropped his now crimson katana in front of her and turned away from his dying sister, his worm-like tail trailing behind him.

She screamed at him until his silhouette disappeared into the snowy atmosphere. She screamed for what seemed like an eternity. She screamed until her lungs gave out and her world began to fade.

She didn't want to die now.

Not like this.

Her life began to slip away.

She heard one final word before she fell into unconsciousness.

"Mikage!"

@@@@@@

HEY. I'm actually posting stuff haha.

I wanted a break from Elsewhere because I've been editing the same content for months and I've re read each chapter about a dozen times.

A fanfic seemed like the perfect thing to let my creative juices flow and give my giant plot heavy novel a break for a bit.

I'm  so excited tbh.  

This is my first fanfic :P

I've been writing random scenes from this and I am lowkey pumped. Hope you enjoy

Vote + Comment :P

Harleigh