chapter 6: Trouble in Boating School

SpongeBob and Patrick were walking home after their training as the sun was almost setting.  They were laughing about their failures and talking about strategies to try and take down Sandy next time.

"I'm telling you Patrick,"  SpongeBob started. "We need to hit her from the sides!  She won't expect it!"

"And I'm telling you the best plan is to have one person attack as the other stands to the side!"

"Then it is one-on-one and we won't win!"

They would've continued arguing like that had they not heard someone screaming and shouting in the distance.  They ran as fast as they could to investigate. 

Once the duo found the source of the screaming, they saw a fish running past them flailing their arms.  Patrick grabbed him to prevent him from continuing on.  "Please!  Don't hurt me!  Let me go!"  the stranger screamed.

SpongeBob tried to calm him down.  "We aren't here to hurt you!  We are on your side!  Stop screaming!"  

The fish kept going, struggling to break free.  "No!  No!  I need to escape!  You need to escape!"

"Why?  What happened?"

"R-r-robots!  At the boating school!  They're destroying everything!  Nothing can stop them!"  The fish flailed some more and broke free from Patrick's hold; running far away in the direction they came from.  

SpongeBob followed him as he ran.   "... Robots...?"

"Let him go, SpongeBob" Patrick said.  "He probably can't fight.  He's a coward."

"No.  He's a civilian.  We have to investigate!  People could be in danger!"

"Right!"  Agreed on their destination, SpongeBob and Patrick head to the boating school.

The boating school.  Where eager young drivers learn the rules of the road.  Today it looks like it has seen better days.  Let's hope SpongeBob and Patrick can stop whomever is behind it.  

SpongeBob and Patrick arrived to see the place in ruins.  The lighthouse has fallen over.  The main building is caved in and appears to have scorch marks.  They stand there in awe and draw their weapons.  They couldn't see anyone outside.  They prayed to Neptune that no one was trapped inside.  

"Get ready, Patrick."  SpongeBob stated.  "We don't know what we are up against."

"I hope you practiced your dodge.  I think the enemy can shoot fire."

"Or close to it..."  The two step forward in a defensive position.  Ready for whatever may come their way.  They hear a scream coming from the other side of the building and run ahead. 

SpongeBob is the first to emerge on the other side of the wall and holds his Spatula ready to strike.  He is face to face with a robot facing some survivors.  Patrick appears soon after and gasps.  "He was right!"  Upon hearing him, the robot stopped it's advance and turned to face the two newcomers.  

it had a big eye in the middle of it's cylindrical body.  Two antennae stuck out from its head.  SpongeBob squinted his eyes.

"Why does this look so familiar?"  Patrick asked.  "I think I've seen this man before."

"Hmm... It's... It looks just like Plankton.  But that robot was falling apart.  This one looks pristine and the limbs look... larger."

The robot's eye began to glow as they stood there staring.  It fired a laser at Patrick.  He blocked the attack in time before it hit his chest, deflecting it toward the school.  He managed to stand his ground after wobbling from the hit.  "He hits hard!"  He looks over at the cowering fish behind the robot.  "You need to get out of here!"  The robot fires again and Patrick deflected it towards the street beside the civilians.  

"Be careful, Patrick!  Aim away from the civilians!  Don't hit them as they flee!"

"Right!" Patrick charged the mechanical menace.  It fired more shots that Patrick dodged as he got closer.  He swung his sword down, but the robot just barely avoided the attack.  He swings again, and the robot gets a small chunk taken out before it moves to punch him back.  Patrick jumps back out of the way.  "Man, these things are hard to hit!"

SpongeBob noticed the civilians were trying to escape, and so did the robot.  It turned around and fired a shot at the group.  Dashing forward, SpongeBob gets in the path and deflects it away.  "Get out of here!"  he shouted as the  fish ran faster.  He threw his spatula at the robot.  It hit it in the chest, knocking it back.  "Now, Patrick!"

Patrick screamed and charged again.  His blade ran it through as it started to spill fluids.  He pulled out his blade in a swift motion.  The robot tried firing again, but he stabbed it in the eye.  

"Patrick no!"  The eye started to glow brighter as energy built up.  The two tried to get back, but it exploded before hey could get too far; sending them flying back onto the ground.

When they stand up, they see the robot in shambles, parts scattered all around.  "Are you okay Patrick?"  SpongeBob asked.  

"Yeah I think so.  Why is Plankton making robots?"

"I don't know.  I remember one attacked the Krusty Krab, but it was so different.. it was practically falling apart.  This one seems  better... Like he improved it somehow.  My question is why attack the boating school?"

Patrick shrugged.  "Maybe it was looking for you."

"... Maybe, but I don't think it was the same robot.  Who ever heard of someone rebuilding a completely destroyed robot?  You think it was Plankton who told to look for me?"

"Maybe."  They stood there silently for sometime before Patrick spoke up again.  "Let's tell Sandy.  She might know what to do."

"Yeah... Maybe she can make sense of it..."  They start to walk off before SpongeBob turned around.  "Mrs. Puff... I hope you're okay."  He ran to catch up with his best friend.

The Chum Bucket was dark inside with all of the lights off.  Plankton sat in his chair watching the monitor.  His camera went dark as the robot outside the Boating school got destroyed.  Surprisingly, the pink starfish was the one who finished it off.  

"Well, that took a turn."  He said smiling.  

"What, that it got destroyed again?"  Karen asked sarcastically. 

"No.  That someone else came to help.  I thought for sure he would be there at the school!"

"After hours?"

"Yeah you make a good point.  At least the teachers stayed late.  It made for some good target practice!  All-in-all, it was a successful experiment!  Now, let's see if it works it's magic after this!  Karen, activate it.  If it stands, push some more out!"  The camera reactivates on the robot after a few minutes, followed by the hissing of the lab's machinery as the assembly line starts up.  Plankton laughs loudly.  "Soon all of Bikini Bottom will bow to me!"