(1)

{Alex pov}

I rolled over onto my back, trying my hardest to ignore the sun peaking in through my curtain.

“Alex, wake up.” My dad came into my room. I sat up, letting the blanket fall off my bare chest, but it covered my naked lower half.

“You fell right asleep after we finished. Didn’t go shower, didn’t even get dressed.” Dad smiled, tossing me a pack of cigarettes. “Didn’t put up a fight either.”

I nodded, and then set the cigarettes on my nightstand. “Do you need something else?” He asked, squinting his eyes. I shook my head.

“Just need to get dressed.” I cleared my sore throat. I won’t be talking much today.

“Damn, Alex. Are you sick?” Dad asked, completely clueless as to why I had a sore throat. I shook my head again, quickly.

“Dad, can I please get dressed now?” I asked shyly, moving my gaze to the ground.

“Why don’t you shower first? Don’t worry; I have to leave here now anyways.” He came over to me, then ruffled my hair.

I waited until I heard the front door close before actually getting out of my bed. Taking my time, I gathered up my clothes for today, then carried them to the bathroom.

I let out a deep sigh, and scrubbed off the remaining evidence of last night.  I quickly washed the rest of me. Stepping out, I shivered, getting dressed in the cold air.

I had my pants almost buttoned when the phone went off.

“I’m coming!” I shouted. “Dammit, Dad, broke my fucking button.” I muttered. The phone rang a couple more times. “I’m coming!” I shouted louder, voice cracking. I threw open the door, then stormed over to the phone. It went off once more, and I kicked the chair, sending it tumbling to the ground. Growling cuss words in frustration, I looked out the window, and saw a man watching me, wide eyed.

“What?” I snapped into the receiver of the phone, glaring at the man.

“Alex, I left some money on the table for you for lunch.”

“Oh, hi, Dad.” I sighed.

“Bad morning?” he laughed slightly.

“Long night.” A smirk fell across my lips.

“Alex!”

“Sorry, Dad. Yeah, really rough morning.” I ran a hand through my dripping hair.

“Do you need to take the day off?”

“No, Dad.” I sighed again.

“Okay, well have a good day. I’ll see you tonight.”

“Kay, bye.” I hung up before he could feed me the three worded lie. ‘I love you.’ Flinging the phone on the couch, I walked over to the open window.

“Roar.” I simply said through the screen. The man stepped back and grinned. Shaking his head, the stranger walked into the apartment next to mine. Great, we have a new neighbor. Lucky him, as well!

{Jace pov}

I shut the door to my new apartment, and took a deep breath. My first morning here and I was already roared at by some kid. I let out a soft groan. The noises last night! He isn’t a bad looking kid, at all. I thought back to the moving furniture next door, then the moans. I mean, I was told the walls were going to be thin, but not that thin! Great, I probably get to hear all of that kid’s late night fun.