9~First Day

It has been two weeks since Derek had come home from the hospital and he decided it was finally time to go to school, plus if he didn't go then Thomas and Cora wouldn't have gone either, Thomas had tricked Derek into staying home until Derek went to school himself and Derek may have accidentally agreed. But Derek was kind of getting bored of the staying at home doing nothing all day, at least if he went to school he was with all his friends and had something to do.

So that's where Derek was that morning dragging Thomas out of his bed, making him go to school.

"We had a deal that I wouldn't go to school until you were all healed up" Thomas whined sitting up on the bed

"And I'm all healed" Thomas just looked at Derek "Fine, I'm halfway there, but seriously you have to go to school, if you don't then you'll have to stay back a year, now get up off your but and go get breakfast"

"Fine, I'm going" he said getting up, Derek went to Cora's room but she wasn't there so he went downstairs

"You guys know where Cora is?" Derek asked

"She's right here doofus" Thomas said stuffing his mouth with cereal, and he was right cause Cora was sitting at the table eating some toast "She is nothing like us, I told her that your dragging us to school and she got all exited" Melissa laughed as she walked over with a plate of toast for Derek

That morning when relatively well, Melissa dropped them off at school right after Derek promised Cora that he'll see her later. After signing in and getting their timetable Scott went to his lesson but showed Thomas where he was supposed to be as it was on his way, Derek had his first lesson with Stiles, which he was thankful about because he did not feel like being alone. They were outside the classroom when Stiles stopped him.

"Okay let me just warn you that most of the kids here sort of know about what happened, a rumour started, now it isn't all true, but basically they know who you are" Stiles let him know

"It's fine" Derek said, Stiles nodded and opened the door and walked in Derek behind him. Stiles went to sit down whilst Derek walked over to the teacher and handed her his transfer slip.

"Derek Hale, welcome to Beacon Hills go take a seat beside Mr. Stilinski, he'll catch you up on what we've been doing"

The morning lessons past in no time and it was now lunch time, the lesson before lunch Derek was on his own so when he walked into he cafeteria he went straight to where his friend were sitting.

"How's your day been?" Lydia asked when Derek sat down

"It's been good actually, Iv'e got a class with a guy called Finstock next and kids have been saying he's a bit intense" Derek said

"Don't worry you got nothing to worry about most of us are in that class, but just giving you a warning he likes picking on the new kids in class" Scott said

"It's how he finds his happiness" Issac added

"Thanks" Derek chuckled

They only got 10 minutes of a peacful lunch time before they heard shouting in the halls. They all got up to see what was happening, there was a crowd of people yelling at something, Derek saw a glimpse of something and anger surged through his blood. As he pushed everyone out of the way he saw Thomas being pushed into the lockers by another student that looked older then Derek. Derek didn't waste anytime before he grabbed the boys collar and smashed his back into the lockers and lifted him up by his shirt.

"What do you think your doing" Derek yelled dropping the boy making him fall to the floor "Don't you ever touch my brother ever again you here me" he said gritting his teeth, he left the boy on the floor and a bunch of guys came over to him whilst Derek went over to Thomas. "What the hell happened?"

"He said dad was a lowlife, I got angry and pushed him" Thomas said standing up

"Is he okay?" Stiles asked coming over

"I'm okay" Thomas said "Derek please don't tell anyone this happened"

"I wont" Derek said "Only because I wish no one would've told mum about the things I did in school" the bell rang telling everyone it was time for their next lesson "'Kay go to class, and don't get into more trouble"

"Wow you make it seem like you were a bad boy back in New York" Stiles smiled poking Derek in his side

"Oh, you are so lucky you didn't poke me in my stitches, or you wouldn't be here right now" Derek said smiling

"Oh I would've taken the risk" he said putting his arm over Derek's shoulder dragging him to his next lesson.

The rest of the day went by in a flash, so did his first week of school. Maybe everything will be okay after all, maybe life is looking up for them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Published~October 10, 2018