5~When She Wakes

When they got to the hospital they had to take Derek to get his stitches, meaning he had to promise Thomas and Cora that everything would be okay, and he'd be back soon. He ended up getting a total of 23 stitches, a mix from his shoulder and a few on his forehead that he doesn't even remember injuring. Additionally, because he lost a lot of blood-which he was sure was a lie only to get him to rest-he had to end up getting a sedative to help him catch up on some sleep.

Which is why an hour later he was extremely pissed off when he woke up, not entirely happy with how his siblings were kept away from him that entire time. 

"Derek, I understand you're worried, but I need to ask some questions" the sheriff told him, obviously only wanting to do his job. Derek nodded subtly, giving him the go ahead on the interrogation is what he'd call it "Was this the first time your father ever did something like this?"

"He's been abusing me for 6 years, my mother and older brother for much longer than me" Derek rushed out in one quick breath.

"Older brother? I don't recall seeing him" Noah said getting ready to write down on his notepad.

"That's because he'd dead, Michael killed him" Derek told him, with a grimace.

"Your father killed...and he's not in prison" Noah questioned, confused whether or not he's getting the full story.

"He's worked in the NYPD for years, he knows how to cover his tracks" Derek was sick to his stomach with the amount the man could get up to.

"A year ago, we tried to do the same thing, leave New York, but we got caught, Jacob didn't even make it into the car" Derek closed his eyes at the memory, forcing the tears not to escape.

"And today, you fought, you survived" Noah reassured him he's safe, he's never going to touch them again.

"I shot him...I mean, I think I did, but it was self defence" Derek told him, he had to make him understand that he didn't mean to.

"Derek, it's okay, you're not in trouble" Noah promised him "Look, I can question you more later, how about we bring your family in here, huh?" a smile appeared on Derek's face as soon as he heard that, it's what he's been begging for since he woke up. The sheriff left to go get them, and he assumed gave them some privacy as he didn't return.

"Hey doofus" Thomas called out, running up to the side of the bed.

"Hey dumb-ass" Derek replied, ruffling Thomas' hair as they laughed.

"Don't forget about me" Cora's voice came trailing behind, her head barely perched above the bed with how small she was.

"How could we ever forget about you" Derek reached over to pick her up, letting her lean into him when she sat down comfortably "So what'd you do whilst I was here?" hoping their answers wouldn't be worrying about him.

"Whilst you were being lazy sleeping, we talked with Stiles" Thomas informed him, climbing onto the bed, to sit by Derek's feet.

"What the hell is a stiles?" Derek questioned, what on earth have they been doing whilst he was gone that 1 hour.

"That would be uh me" a guys voice rang as he appeared by the end of the bed.

He couldn't believe the boy stood in front of him, he was so handsome, unlike anyone he's ever seen before, he must still be sleeping. He was tall, his hair was in spikes pointing in different directions, like he'd just been in a fight with a tree or something. And those big, brown eyes, he's sure they'd be even more beautiful up close, oh and his moles casting over his skin like stars.

"You okay dude, you blacked out for a second?" Stiles questioned, was he worried?

"No, no I'm fine" Derek said slightly embarrassed that he'd just been caught staring at this guy he'd just met "I'm Derek, it's nice to meet you" he introduced himself as he held out his hand.