1~Pilot

"Don't you touch her, or I swear-" Derek yelled, anger coursing through his veins, directing it all at the man in front of him.

"Or what? What are you gonna do?" his Dad laughed, finding humour in how his son thought he has any chance against him.

Derek doesn't remember how they ended up like this, all he knows is that he should have known it was bound to happen. All he cared about was protecting his family from the man, a poor excuse of a father he was, if you could call him a father for what he's put them through. 

"Michael...please" his mothers wheezed out, not without struggle of course "Let them go" it wasn't the first time they've been in this situation, their mom struggling to breath due to the strong hand squeezing tight around her throat.

"Now why on earth would I do that?" Michael took a step forward, dragging Talia with him, causing Derek to take a step back, pushing his siblings behind him, shielding them.

"Daddy, no" Cora screamed with tears in her eyes, gripping onto Derek's shirt causing the boy to hiss at the pain that surged through his shoulder, where Michael has previously cut him. Michael seemed to notice Derek's discomfort and smirked, the fucking psychopath Derek thought. 

"Is poor Derek in pain?" Michael questioned with fake sorrow "I should probably fix that, right?" he looked at Talia, holding her face in his hands, no emotion clear on his face.

"Michael..." was the last thing she said before her head smashed against the worktop, and thrown onto the ground.

"Mommy" Cora yelled, attempting to run ahead, only to be held back by Derek.

"Don't you dare touch them" Derek said calmly, although he was screaming on the inside.

"They're my children Derek!" Michael screamed, pulling a gun out that was tucked in the back of his jeans.

"Thomas, Cora, bathroom, lock the door"  Derek turned his back for a second to push them around the corner quickly, out of their fathers sight.

"Don't even think about it!" Michael yelled, a gun pointed to the back of Derek's head.

24 hours earlier

"Mommy, why are we leaving New York?" Cora questioned curiously from her seat behind her mother.

"Because honey" Talia replied simply, keeping her eye on the road ahead.

"You already said that, and why isn't Dad with us?" Thomas asked, the same confusion taking control of his tone.

"Because okay, if mom says we're moving we're moving, no discussion" Derek told them plainly, looking over at his mother, giving her a reassuring smile. He wished he could give more to the young ones, but how do explain to children that their father is an abusive bastard, and staying in that house would result with all of them dying this time.

Derek's father began taking his anger out on him when he was 10 years old, beating, boiling water, you name it, he had it all. He's taken it all for the both of them, Thomas is only 12, and Cora 6, he wanted them to have a better upbringing than he did. Talia took just as much as Derek, more lately.

They weren't able to get out until now, not by lack of trying that was, they just always seemed to be caught at the last minute. So, Talia grabbed the kids and the suitcases she's had packed for a while now, and just kept driving.

"We're out, he's gone, we're safe" Derek reassured his mother every time he caught her looking in the mirror for cars behind them. 

"To a new beginning" Talia smiled as she held her hand to her belly and listening to 'Today My Life Begins' as they drove
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Published~ September 22, 2018

Re-updated: November 4, 2020

Thank you for reading I hope you liked it, this is my first Teen Wolf story so I really hope you enjoyed it. Xx