Chapter 6

"First thing's first," I said loud, sturdy, and confident. "Why the hell do you want to kill your people?"

The President mumbled but of course we didn't understand him.

"Write it," I sternly commanded.

He wrote: Leave me alone or I'll call security.

"What makes you think we'll do so?" I sassed.

He pushed a red button installed in his drawer. And we didn't see it. Dang it.

Heavy fast footsteps were heard.

"Adam! Run!" I screamed in panic.

We ran to the window and jumped as the glass shattered to pieces, Adam holding me in his arms. We landed with a loud thump. Actually Adam landed with thump. I landed on him.

I got up, and Adam did too.

I glanced back and the guards were still following us.

We started running again. Running to nowhere in mind. Anywhere is better than here.

After running for miles, he stopped. The guards were still chasing us. They had cars, we had aching legs.

"What now?" Adam asked.

I grabbed both my guns. "We shoot."

We shot two guards. Five to go.

Then, we came across a cliff.

"Oh, crap," Adam muttered. We were at least 700 feet from the ground.

"Can we jump?" I asked.

"And die, yes," he said.

Then, I pointed to him a bridge narrow and weak enough to hold only one person.

"Go, Adam," I said. "I'll hold them off."

"Hell no!" he protested. "You cross. I'll follow you there."

Then, before I could protest, he did something weird, unexpected, and bizarre. He... He... landed his lips on mine.

"See you on the other side," he said smirking.

"Wh-"

"Just go already!"

I did as so, crossing the bridge as fast, yet gentle as I could.

I was already half way across when the weak wooden hanging bridge collapsed as I went plummeting 700 feet down.

(A/N): I'm soooooo soooooooryyyyy for the suuuuuuuuper late update. Now I feel sad :( To make it up to you sardines, next week, I'll be posting two chappies? I'll try to. But, no promises 'kay? Meh. So sorry.