Chapter 5

I dressed in a black and white ball gown, black shoes, and a black masquerade mask. I reached under my pillow and grabbed the thing I hid from the Government the most- my two guns.

I headed to the living room and the there was a knock on the door. I opened it and Adam was there, wearing a tuxedo and a black mask like mine.

"Looking nice, Tara!" Adam complemented.

"Thanks. You look nice too." I said.

He offered an arm, I took it, and we walked to the masquerade ball which the Government set up probably to kill multiple people at once. But, we have other plans.

We walked in the venue, slow music playing, everyone partnered up.

"Adam," I whispered to him. "We gotta play along. Ya know, blend in."

"Right," he said.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my waist and we kinda danced terribly.

"So the plan?" I said.

"Yeah, we secretly go to the president's office upstairs, tie him up, force him to tell what's up or we shoot him!" he replied.

"Correct. Did you bring you gun?"

He showed me the gun from his pocket.

"What about you, Tara?"

I slightly pulled up my dress and showed him the guns strapped around my thigh.

"Nice!" he once again, complemented.

"Alright. Move out in three, two... One."

We quietly yet quickly ran up the ivory stairs to the president's room.

We busted in the door. As quick as he could, Adam put duct tape on the president's mouth and tied him up, and placed a gun against his head.

I put on my most badass pose and look. "We're sorry, Mr. President. We got some questions for you."

(A/N): Hi sardines! Late update here. Sorry. A super strong typhoon hit the Philippines (where I live, btw) and there was no electricity and Wifi for almost a week! We had to conserve this iPad's battery (cuz of no electricity). So yeah, sorry. #PrayForThePhilippines :D