Chapter 4

"Tara," called someone who must be Adam. He sniffed. Was he... crying? "Tara, please."

My eyes fluttered open. I was in the white cube hospital. "A-Adam? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Adam looked surprised. "Tara! I-it's Kiara..."

My eyes widened. "Where's Kiara? What happened? Is she okay? Where is she, Adam, where is she?" My eyes started to water. What happened while I was unconscious?

I chocked back a sob. "Is she-"

Adam nodded. A tear escaped my eye.

I sat up. Adam hugged me and I cried on him.

"How?" I asked, sitting beside him on the white hospital couch.

"I ran away after you knocked out the Governor. Nobody recognized you. They blamed the Governor's assistant. I told the media and the police that the plane crashed near where you were standing and you just got hit. Kiara, however, didn't run away. She argued. She fought. She even punched a police. The police shot her and dragged her away," he explained.

Anger started to build up in me. "Those polices are-"

"Crap piles," Adam completed.

I put my head on his shoulder and started sobbing again.

Adam stroked my hair gently. "Stay strong, Tara. We're still together."

I soon fell asleep in Adam's comforting arms.

-.-.-.-.-.

I woke up on the hospital bed. Mum, Nick, and Adam were there.

"Tara," said Nick. "Look what's on the news."

The news reporter said that the explosions were caused by terrorists and that 26013 (That's Kiara. Government people call us by our citizen number. Mine is 25976, and Adam's is 25743.) was the prime suspect. Those liars!

"Mum, Nick," I said politely. "Can I please talk to Adam privately?"

"Sure," Mum said. "Just talk, no kissing, okay?"

"Muuuum!" I whined. "He's just my friend!"

Nick teased me by doing kissing sounds. I stuck my tongue out to him.

They exited the room.

"Adam," I said. "We can't accept this. We have to fight back. For Kiara."

"What are we gonna do?" Adam asked. "Attack them."

I leaned over and whispered to him the plan.

(A/N): Oh, how could I resist putting a little romance in this? Haha #Taradam!!!