8.

My relationship with Kaiden was everything I could ask for. I couldn't ask for anything more perfect.

It was approaching Christmas and I was beyond excited. As Kaiden and I left school to walk to his car, we held hands. The feeling he gave me was indescribable. We were like the it couple at school.

We reached the car and he opened the door for me. I sat in the car and put my bag in the backseat. Kaiden jogged around the car and went over to his side. He started the car up and we were on our way to my house.

"So babe, my parents are having their annual Christmas party. Everyone dresses up for it. The women wear gowns and the men wear tuxedos. It's really upscale. I was thinking we could go together and I could announce you as my beloved and my future queen there." He said placing his hand on my lap gently squeezing.

"Kaiden, I would love to go. But do you think it is the best to announce me at your parent's party?" I questioned.

"Yes, I think it would be perfect. I don't want to wait anymore and I don't want to hide you from anyone. I love you and I know I want to spend the rest of eternity with you." He said. We stopped at a stoplight. I sighed and looked over at him.

"Kaiden, I don't know. Maybe it's too soon. I just don't want us to rush into anything." I said truthfully.

"We aren't. This would be the perfect opportunity for everyone to meet you and for us to take our roles in that world. I really want for us to do this." He said. The light turned green and he pulled off.

"Kaiden, I don't know." I said.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to be shown to everyone in the vampire realm as Kaiden's mate. There was a lot of responsibility that can come with that. I don't think I was ready for that. He hasn't even marked me yet.

"Kaiden, what about your parents? I haven't even met them yet." I said.

"Ok, you are right about that. How about tonight, we go out to dinner with my parents and we discuss this further with them?" He asked. I smiled.

"I would like that." I said smiling. We pulled up in front of my house.

"I'll pick you up at 8." He said. I just nodded and gave him a kiss.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, babygirl." He said giving me another kiss. I grabbed my bag and stepped out the car walking to my front door. I turned around and waved at Kaiden. He drove off and I walked inside the house.

I checked the time. 3:00. I had time to get some work done. I quickly grabbed a snack and went upstairs. I sat on my desk and started on my English worksheet. Shit, I forgot to ask Kaiden on what I should wear. I grabbed my phone and texted him.

To: Hubby

What should I wear? Like how should I dress?

After a couple of minutes he texted me back.

From: Hubby

Wear something nice but nothing too crazy. Whatever you put on, I'm sure you will look great in.

I smiled to myself.