𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

∘◦ ☆ ◦∘

𝑺𝑴𝑶𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮 my brown plaid skirt down to get all the creases out, I pulled my matching uniform jacket out of my cubbyhole and draped it over my arm. Also grabbing my bag and resting the strap over my shoulder.

It was the end of the school day and everyone was slowly making their way out the doors, all except the friends who were talking in groups, not wanting to separate.

Glancing down the hallway for a brief second, I spotted a boy in particular who was peering at me from behind a couple of his friends. His blonde hair fell across his forehead in perfect curls and immediately I recognized him as Oliver.

He gave me a smirk and a wink, trying to win me over, but I knew better than to be associated with a boy like him.

Chewing on my bottom lip, I backed away from my cubbyhole and started down the opposite end of the hallway, walking briskly. Turning the far corner, I was met with an almost identical hallway, knowing that there was another set of doors at the end.

The rain outside could be heard in small, soft patters against the roof and windows of the school, the sound of white noise that calmed my nerves.

Pushing the handle on the heavy steel door to exit the school, it immediately was pushed closed again, and was re-opened on my side, hitting the end on my foot with a thunk.

"Hold on Lu!" A boy called, obviously the other person trying to open the door.

Moving my foot and pulling the handle towards me to help the boy out, it swung open a little too easily and smacked against the wall. The boy tripped inside and bumped into me, causing me to take a couple steps back. His clothes were damp and his dark curls were sticking to his skin.

"Sorry!" The boy exclaimed, looking everywhere but my eyes.

"It's okay, the door should really have windows," I laughed lightly, trying to get a glimpse of the boy's face. Though, by the sound of my voice, he snapped his head up, his eyes moving to meet mine. The warm brown matched perfectly with his dark hair and fair skin.

The boy gave me a soft smile, the corners of his mouth turning up, "Are you alright?"

"Oh! Yeah, I'm okay," I replied shyly, "Why are you in such a hurry?"

The boy glanced back at the door for a brief second before pointing to it with his thumb, "My sister wanted me to talk to someone."

"Oh-"

Before I could answer, I noticed something weird, a tendril of green mist weaved its way through the open door, wrapping around the boy's chest. He seemed unfazed by the obscurity as if he didn't even notice it was there, "I was about to leave after, I can walk you home if you'd like?"

I stood there in shock for a second, my mouth opening and closing like a fish, "Uh..."

More tendrils of green mist made their way through the door from the rain, circling around the boy's feet, all the way up to his neck. Whispers were heard from within the mist, eerie and haunting, "Come with me... my little king..."

Still, the boy seemed not the slightest bit worried, until the mist tugged his arm out the door, pulling his body where it wanted to go. The boy's face contorted into a look of fear, "Dawn?"

"Edmu-" I spoke worriedly but was cut off when the boy was tugged out of the doorway and out into the rain, his terrified shout echoing around the hallway.