Parenting and Hardships

Claire's POV
As I rode the monorail with Zach and Gray, I couldn't help but notice how Gray seemed to be gazing out of one of the windows with a dreadful gaze while Zach was talking to some of the girls in other seats. I nudged Gray and he turned to me, the dispair clear on his face.

Claire: Hey buddy, what's wrong?...
Gray: A-Aunt Claire?...do you think...mom and d-dad will get a divorce?...

This caught Zach's attention. He turned away from the girls and looked at Gray with a look of confusion.

Zach: What? Where did that come from?
Gray: they...they g-get their mail from d-different lawyers...
Claire: Oh hunny, lots of-
Gray: I googled...they're divorce lawyers...

Zach puts his hand on Gray's shoulder and sighs quietly.

Zach: Bro, look... You haven't been around long enough. They have always been like that
Claire: They will pull through. Your mother and father have pulled through many hardships and its only made their love stronger
Gray: or weaker...

Zach's mood also seemed too have changed, he closed his eyes and sighed as he hugged Gray.

Zach: look... It may not seem like it but... Try to think of it this way... Um.. Two birthdays?.. Holidays?... Two of everything
Gray: I...I-I dont want two of everything... I-I just dont w-want mom and dad too divorce...
Zach: well... Life..uh... Life finds a way... Sometimes to make things better..or sometimes worse....
Claire: theres always a silver lining Gray... Just you wait...

Gray, now on the breek of tears, mumbled as he lowered his head.

Gray: I-I.. D-don't want our family t-too fall apart...
Zach:... Look, no matter what. Mom, Dad, Me, Aunt Claire...we will always be there for you... Just because we wouldn't...necessarily be closer doesnt mean that we don't love each other... Do you understand?

Gray shudders and nods slightly, hugging both me and Zach. We noth hug him back and I sigh quietly until I get a call from Chris from my ear piece.

Claire: I'm..so sorry I... Gotta take this

The boys nodded as Zach continued to comfort gray. I answered the call and got up, walking to a different part of the monorail.

Claire: Chris, I specifically told the staff that im taking the day off. What is so import-
Chris: THE PADDOCK IS DOWN! SORNA HAS ESCAPED AND IS HEADED TOO THE GYROSPHERE VALLEY! IM ON HER BUT NOT FOR LO-

The call ended and i felt my eyes widen... We were headed straight for the Spinosaurus..