Chapter 21: Blurred Lines

Chloe stifled a groan as she heard the relentless knocking on the door.

"Ugh, who the hell…. So early…" Chloe groaned trying to adjust her eyes to the incoming sunlight and make out the time on the bedside clock. As she realized the warm body sleeping beneath her was Beca's, she couldn't help the grin that overtook her face. She tried to snuggle back into the warmth of Beca's little body, but the rapid beating on the door was just getting louder. Chloe had forgotten how deep of a sleeper Beca was, she used to joke with her that a tornado could've come through and the only thing Beca would've noticed was the fact that the bed had moved.

But, that's when Beca could sleep. She had always struggled with sleeping for more than an hour or two at a time so she was kind of pissed Beca's sleep was potentially being interrupted now.

With a huff, Chloe threw back the comforter and instantly felt the cool air in the room. The warmth escaping from the little bundle of heat they had created. Chloe took just a moment to look down at Beca. They had slept just like they always had; Chloe spread pretty much across Beca and their legs were intertwined completely. Beca had a tight grip on the bottom of Chloe's shirt. Her heart raced at seeing Beca's vulnerability splayed against the pillow. She knew it was a side that no one got to see of Beca and the thought alone made Chloe's heart pound in her chest. There was no denying that she still loved the sarcastic, broody brunette, but she was still struggling with how to get past what had happened five years ago. She was recovering from heartbreak from the same woman. But, this was the only woman that would be able to fix her. She could never take Beca leaving again; the first time nearly killed her.

Sighing, Chloe extracted herself delicately from the still sleeping brunette and tossed Beca's hoodie over her head she had left on the couch. She looked back to Beca to make sure she was still sleeping and the brunette groaned at the loss of contact and turned on her side clutching the pillow to her chest.

"Ugh," Chloe groaned grasping at her head as she padded over to the door. Her hangover was worse than she thought it would be. She took a moment to breathe in the scent of the hooded material before looking through the key hole. She let out a sigh of relief when she realized it was Jess and Amy and not Aubrey. She loved her best friend, but she was quite difficult in the mornings. Opening the door slightly and peering out to the girls in the hall, she noticed their full attire. They were ready to start the weekend.

"Good morning," Chloe yawned stretching her limbs. "Why are you bugging us so early?"

"Early? Chloe it's like 11:30," Jess stated obviously.

"Holy shit! Are you serious?" Chloe rubbed her eyes and looked to the clock on the wall. Sure enough…. It was 11:30.

"Uhhh… Yeah. And we couldn't find Beca, figured she would be in a lounge or a dark corner somewhere working on mixes, but no luck, have you seen her?" Amy asked concerned. It wasn't like Beca to sleep past 6:00 a.m. no matter how late they had been out.

A blush formed on Chloe's features unsure of how to respond without them jumping to conclusions.

"Oh my god! She's still in the room! What'd ya do? Tire her out ginger?" Amy said excitedly as Jess and Amy tried getting a better look in the room.

"Shhhh…. She's still asleep," she nodded to the girl curled up in the bed sleeping soundly.

"Hm… Interesting," Jess said looking to Amy as they both nodded to each other and skimmed Chloe's attire.