Chapter 13: I've Missed Your Ginger Hair

"Where'd shorty go?" Amy said looking around with an extra shot glass for Beca in her hand.

"She went to sign up for a song," Chloe shrugged.

"She-she what?" Jesse coughed spitting out his drink. "Beca doesn't willingly sing karaoke… She must be wasted."

Beca approached, high fived Amy, and took the shot in Amy's hand with a scowl.

"Beca, Ellie is here, want to go over and chat?" Jesse said pointing over at Ellie Goulding who was waving to Beca to come over.

"Sure, Chlo – want to come meet her?" Beca asked turning to Chloe.

Chloe's eyes looked conflicted; she wanted to talk to Beca.

Maybe Beca was avoiding it…

"We will talk, I promise, I just need to talk to her about some upcoming studio time and I know she doesn't like to be in any one bar for too long – you're welcome to join," Beca added.

Chloe had agreed and followed closely behind Beca as she introduced the two.

Ellie had challenged Beca to British music trivia and was currently losing, badly.

"That's not even a real question!" Beca pointed and hiccupped taking the shot down.

"Drink up bitch! I've finally found something you suck at! Chloe, you've got your hands full with this one," Ellie smiled at Chloe's protective nature over Beca who was becoming more and more intoxicated. Chloe stood beside Beca with her fingers just touching Beca's back to make sure she would remain upright.

Chloe didn't get a chance to respond to Ellie, "You know I signed up for karaoke, El!" Beca laughed loudly.

"Now THAT, I will stick around to see! What are you singing?" Ellie asked jumping in excitement.

"Lips. Are. Sealed!" Beca said acting like she was swallowing and locking the key as she began to lean….

"Whoa, let's sit you down," Chloe laughed, spinning the chair at the table around so Beca could sit down. Though… Chloe was almost as intoxicated because every time Beca took a shot, Ellie made Chloe take one too.

"Ginger, please take a photo of me and this little shorty, I'm posting this shit on twitter," Ellie laughed leaning behind Beca and pressing her lips to Beca's cheek.

Chloe's stomach was churning at their interaction, but she couldn't help but laugh at the photo of Beca's scrunched up face.

"All done," Chloe said with a fake smile, handing the phone back to Ellie.

"Perfect! Thank you Chloe!" Ellie said, leaning up to press her lips to Chloe's cheek with a laugh.

Chloe felt her phone buzz in her pocket a moment later. Ellie had insisted on following her on Instragram and Twitter and tagged both Chloe and Beca in the picture with the caption "She secretly, totally loves me!"

Chloe wasn't amused. Chloe put her phone back in her pocket and looked Beca over, she was currently leaning her head slightly to rest on Chloe's leg since Chloe was still standing.