Chapter 16: So Long Without You

I swear that I can go on forever again

Please let me know that my one bad day will end

I will go down as your lover, your friend

Give me your lips and with one kiss we begin

Are you afraid of being alone

Cause I am, I'm lost without you

Are you afraid of leaving tonight

Cause I am, I'm lost without you

Chloe picked at the food on the plate, pushing it around from side-to-side. She didn't have much of an appetite.

The others were making small talk around the table, mainly about the wedding. Chloe's eyes kept darting towards Jesse and Beca talking and the box Beca had left on the floor. She was so anxious to figure out what was in it.

Though… she was pretty convinced whatever it was wouldn't change her mind.

Her and Beca had been doomed from the start.

Chloe cleared her throat and quickly darted her eyes downward as she saw Jesse and Beca approach.

"I'm-I-uh-I'm gonna take off," Beca said to the group as she pointed towards the door.

"Ha, I don't think so Mitchell. Sit," Aubrey demanded pointing her fork towards the empty chair across from Chloe.

"You know, I'm really not hungry…" Beca sighed. She knew she was going to listen to Aubrey, it was a lost cause.

Aubrey didn't respond. Her glare spoke volumes. Beca felt like she could catch on fire from the burning stare. Beca just sighed and reluctantly sat at the table awkwardly.

"Beca, Kelly wants you to call since you bailed this morning," Cynthia Rose said taking a bite of pancake. They all sure were acting as though things were normal.

"I didn't bai-" Beca started.

"AH! Don't even try it shorty. You'd be totally screwed without me and Cynthia Rose covering for your pale, tiny ass," Amy grunted inhaling her eggs.

"Whatever, it's totally normal behavior for Beca to bail," Chloe bit out taking her first bite of food.

"Chloe…." Jess warned.

"No, don't Chloe me, I am tired of everyone defending her and her behavior, Jess!" Chloe spoke, slamming her fork back on her plate as she crossed her arms to look at Beca angrily.

"Chlo-" Beca started, trying to prevent her from whatever rant she was about to go on.

Chloe was the one person who hadn't ever given up on her, but Beca knew she'd pushed her to that point.

She'd pushed her away.

She'd finally made Chloe give up.

How the girls could turn to ghosts before your eyes

And the very dreams that led to them are keeping them from dying