Chapter 9

Maya's Pov
I hear my phone ringing and I get my phone off the charger and I see that it's Maria and I answer it.
Phone convo
Me: hi
Maria: wassup
Me: nothing
Maria: you coming out with us tonight
Me: nah I'm sick
Maria: hmm ok
Me: but since when do you go out
Maria: I need a drink and cause Chris got me fucked up
Me: girl you know you gone be right back under him
Maria: nah I'm not
Me: girl y'all cute together,you need to stay with him
Maria: just because we cute together don't mean anything
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I get a call from Chris telling me he's coming over. I get up and I walk downstairs and open the door and stand in the doorway. He walks inside and sits down on the couch and He looks at me. "Why you not with them, they gone get suspicious if you keep staying at home." I look at him and say. "no they won't." He looks at me. " Maria already trippin." I look at him. "I know,she just called me talking about you." I walk upstairs and Chris follows behind me. I get in the bed and turn on a movie and we cuddle and I fall asleep. walk inside and I go upstairs. Peyton walks in my room and She sees me and  Chris laying down in the bed. Peyton yells. "bitch what the fuck I know y'all ain't fucking?" I get up and looks at her. "Peyton it's not what you think." She looks at me.  "so why the fuck is Maria our best friend man in yo bed?" She looks at Chris "you trifling." She walks out the room and I get up and run after her. "Peyton it's not what you think." She turns around and looks at me. "Don't cause you trifling,how you be all up in Maria's face but you sneaking around with her man." I look at her and say. "Me and Chris not even doing anything we was just..." she cuts me off before I could finish my sentence. "I don't want to hear that,but I'm telling Maria." I look at her and say. "Don't tell her." She looks at me. "I am." She gets in her car and drives off and I walk back in the house and I look at Chris. "You need to leave cause she said she's going to tell Maria." Chris gets up quickly and puts on his clothes and leaves out the room. I get up and I walk downstairs and I see Maria. "Why you been M.I.A, damn you must got a new nigga or something?" I look at her. "N-nah I'm single." She looks at me. "Why you stuttering, you only do that when you feel guilty about something." I look down at the floor. "I don't have anything to feel guilty about Maria." She looks at me. "Ok I'm about to leave cause bih You tripping for real." Maria walks out the house and I get a phone call from Peyton.
Phone convo
Peyton: you need to tell her before I do
Me: I know but I'm scared she gone beat my ass
Peyton : that's your problem
Me: you know she crazy
Peyton: exactly and she was your best friend,so why would you go with her man.
Me: I'm sorry it just kinda happened
Peyton : how it just kinda happened
Me: because it just did, he came over my house and things happened
Peyton : I'm telling her tonight
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I pace back and forth. I think to myself for a minute and I hear my phone ringing and I see that it's Chris. I answer the phone.
Phone convo
Chris: you talked to Maria
Me: yeah she just left but I think she knows something's up
Chris: Wym you think she knows
Me: she not dumb Chris she peep shit and Peyton probably already told her.
Chris: aight bye
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I shake my head and I get up and I walk upstairs and get in the bed and turn on the tv.