Chapter Thirteen

“What?” I asked panicked snatching the paper out of Sage’s hand.

            “This is bullshit!” he yelled.

            “The fuck?” I asked looking at him. He was pacing running his hand through his hair and I was panicking inside but I couldn’t freak out on him now. “He could have given it to you!” I told him raising my voice a little. I know Sage didn’t have any Sexually Transmitted Disease because we both get tested regularly.

            “No shit!” he said glaring at me. Why is he mad at me? “Only, I didn’t sleep with him. I didn’t fucking do anything sexual with him. What the fuck is this?” God, I’ve never seen Sage so mad. He rarely ever gets upset or swears, only when he’s utterly pissed.

            Sighing with relief I took his hand and led him to the couch. I sat in the corner and pulled him between my legs and thankfully he wasn’t pushing me away and he sat, leaned back into my chest and rests his head on my shoulder. He sighed and put his hand up so his fingers were covering his eyes.

            “It’s going to be all right, kiddo” I told him kissing his cheek then resting the side of my face against his. “I don’t know what Elliot’s trying to do but it won’t work. I’ll call my lawyer and—”

            “You don’t—”

            “Don’t argue with me, Sage,” I said that softly so he didn’t think I was mad at him or treating him like he was beneath me.

            “Okay, do whatever you want,” he mumbled getting up. I frowned and took hold of his hand pulling him back where he was sitting.

            “What was that?” I asked pushing my neck forward so I could look at him.

            Sage let out a frustrated groan then rest his face in his hands shaking his head, “What did I get myself into?” He asked rhetorically.

            Don’t worry, baby. I’ll take care of everything for you, I thought but instead kissed his cheek again. “There’s no way anything will come of this, you don’t have any STDs so he’s going to look like an idiot”

            “You’re right,” he said and I saw him smile, which in turn made me smile.

            “Babe?” I called slowly sliding my hand down the front of his shirt.

            “Yes,” he answered back calmly but I could see his chest going up and down faster than before.

            “I’m hungry,” I whispered in his ear while my hand rubbed him through his sweats that he changed into.

            “For what?” He asked breathlessly.

            “Everything,” I answered slowly enunciating every syllable.

            “All right!” Sage jumped up rubbing the palm of his hands together. “Let’s get some food in that tummy of yours”

            “You sure you want to do that,” I smirked with a raised brow then motioned with my head to the tent forming in his pants. He blushed then narrowed his eyes at me and I grinned. Sage shook his head then walked off. Right as I was about to get up and follow him my phone vibrated in my pocket. “I’ll be right there, I’m going to take this call!” I called to sage. I heard him say okay then I hit the answer button on my phone. “Hello?”