Chapter 12: Raven

Once again, everyone was in the carriage, with of course their new companion, Lenalee. She was a bit bossy though, telling Jay to go faster, but then she saw it was too fast so she told him to slow down. Eventually Jay had enough and turned his head around to look at her, while glancing at the road once in a while.

"Okay look..." He said. "If you want to come with us, you're not going as the Princess. You're going as...Well, one of us. So if you think you can keep telling us what to do and whatnot, im stopping and you're getting off. Understand?"

Max made his lips into an 'O' shape and held out, "Oooooooo!" Lenalee smacked the back of his head, shutting him up instantly. 

Lenalee straightened up before saying. "Yes sir. Sorry about that...I'm just used to being a Princess and all...." She lowered her head.

Max rolled his eyes. "Don't worry Jay." He tried assuring. "I'll tell her what not to do and whatever around here okay?" He looked back at his sister and began explaining.

Jay sighed with relief and turned back around, focusing on where they were going. Fina, who was beside him as usual, patted his shoulder. "You'll be fine. Max can take care of her if she starts acting up again."

Jay snorted. "I hope so."

Fina smiled and pulled her hand away, leaning back against the back of the seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~At Edaj

Jay tied the horses up outside of this town and ran to catch up with the others. The whole town was made out cold cement. All the buildings were lined up in one row, the end of the town about a mile downward. And at the end, was the ocean and an harbor.

As Fina looked around, she shivered, seeing many eyes of prisoners staring down at her from the rectangular buildings.

Jade made everyone walk that mile down to the harbor. She cursed to herself, seeing huge birds flying over the ocean. They were very tiny, but Jade could still tell what they were.

They were now at the harbor, and Jade called out to a salior. When he came over, she said, "Hey! Can we use one of those ships?"

"What for?" The man asked suspiciously, crossing his arms. He had a deep, Russian accent to him. "For all I could know, you all could be prisoners trying to escape! And besides, someone is already on the boat and-"

Jade sighed and gave him an look. "Fine! I'm Colonel Jade Curtiss. Now let us in."

The sailor gasped, taking a step back. "You're the Colonel! W-Well I apologize! P-Please, take our finest boat!" He stepped to the side to show Jade a nice white speedboat. It was pretty big for an speedboat, considering it had an under deck, (what it's called XD). "There is someone who's using that boat, but I don't think he'll mind sharing it with you all! Anyway,Follow me, please."

The sailor led the group onto the boat. Fina held Leta and made sure she didn't fall into the ocean, considering the board that led from the deck, to the boat was pretty flimsy. As soon as everyone was on, the Sailor began to drive the boat.

"So...Where are you headed, exactly?" The sailor asked.

Jade walked over to him and stood right beside him. "Revlis." She said. "You should know where that is, right captain?" She pushed her glasses higher onto the bridge of her nose.

The sailor nodded. "Y-Yes ma'am! And that's good, because the man who rented this boat is also headed there. So that saves me from having to go to two places!"

"Good. Whatever." Jade walked away and headed up onto deck, where Max and Lenalee were running around, looking at the waves of the ocean once they start to get moving. Leta had apparently climbed up to the Crow's Nest and was hanging out up there, while Fina and Jay were talking at the other end of the large boat, away from Max and Lenalee.