Chapter 6: Getting Back Together

Fina woke up to something crackling near her. She sat up, and winced. But, she managed to stay sitting as she stared at the fire. "Leta?" She called into the Darkness.

Leta came from the other side of the fire and sat down next to Fina. "..Yes?"

"Did you make this?" Fina just then realized that leaves were placed on her feet and arms. She held up an arm to show Leta. "And this?"

Leta poked the fire with a stick. She didn't look at Fina at all, but she did answer her. "Yes. I made the fire. And....Those leaves are for...Where the glass was...You were bleeding heavily...And I needed to stop the flow with something,"

Fina smiled and patted the girl's head. But Leta freaked out and jumped away a few feet from her. Fina held her hands in the air. "I'm sorry. I had forgotten."

Leta nodded, but made sure to stay at the opposite end of the fire. She poked at the fore again with the stick, trying to make it warmer. When Fina looked at Leta, she could tell the girl was really cold, despite the sweatshirt. But Fina couldn't blame her, Leta was wearing a really short dress that only came to her thighs. Her legs must be cold. Fina sighed. "Leta...Why don't you come over here with me? We can use each other's body heat to warm ourselves."

As usual, she was hesitant. Fina waited about fifteen minutes before Leta finally stood up, and walked back over to the other side of the fire. She sat in Fina's lap and snuggled up in her arms. Fina chuckled softly and wrapped her arms around her, hoping that this would keep her warm.

And apparently it did, because Leta fell asleep in Fina's arms. Fina smiled, and left her alone.

A few hours had passed. It was still dark out, but Leta had woken up. Leta got off of Fina's lap, but she still sat close to her.

And that was when Fina heard a twig snap, and she knew it wasn't the fire because the fire was almost burnt out. Leta jumped when she heard the noise and she took her dagger from her sweatshirt pocket. Fina stood up and made sure Leta was close to her.

"Who's there?" Fina called out in the darkness. She eyed the area suspiciously when she heard footsteps coming toward them. Fina pulled out her sword from it's sheathe. She felt the wet leaves fall off of her. Her whole body began to hurt once again, but Fina didn't care about that at the moment.

The figure stepped very close to the fire and they held up their arms in the air. "Look, I don't want to-"

Fina didn't let him finish. She charged after him, jumping over the fire. She slashed at him, but she was weak. The man easily dodged her attack and grabbed her wrist and made her drop the sword. He then picked up her sword and moved behind her and held her sword to her throat. "I said I didn't want to hurt you." He said through clenched teeth. 

Fina stopped what she was doing and let herself go limp. Even though she didn't move that much, the pain was unbearable. The man caught her in his arms and saw that she fell unconscious. Then his eyes moved toward Leta, who stood there, clutching her dagger.

The man placed Fina's sword in it's sheathe, and he slowly approached her. "Loo, I don't want to hurt you either. I want to help you."

Leta stepped back as he came forward. When she saw him in the dim light of the fire, her eyes went wide with fear. "Y-You're one of those bad people!" She yelled. The man stopped in his tracks as she went on. "You're the one who put me...In that cell!"

The man frowned and turned away, still holding Fina. "yes, I know. And I regret ever doing that to you."

Leta shook her head. "Lies!"

The man sighed. "Look, will you just come? I'm taking you two to the hospital."

"No!"

The man had enough. He suddenly lifted his fist back and used it like a whip toward Leta. Chains that were attached to his wrist flew forward and smacked Leta's head, which made her unconscious. The man walked over to her and towered over her. Leta got one more good look at his face before he blacked out. (Yes his pic is to the right)