Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Rose felt like her whole life was caving in on her. Once again, after feeling loved. She wasn’t wanted.

She had finally figured out why her father and mother took her in. She loved Steels little girl like her own. Now she would never see her grow. She would feel abandoned but there was no way she could stay to say goodbye.

Maybe this was her punishment for everything her real mother had done? All she knew at the moment was that she needed to get away. Away from here and away from everyone she cared about and who cared about her.

After driving to the airport she opened the car’s trunk and pulled out her bag. This was one instant in which her negativity paid off. She had decided to pack a bag the first day she was in Steels home. On the off chance that he would kick her out in one of his angry days.

After opening it, she pulled out her passport and the money she had originally taken to run in the first place. What she hadn’t anticipated was seeing the picture she had taken from Steels house. One of him and his daughter.

Once on the plane she closed her eyes and tried not to think of everything she lost back in Texas. This wasn’t the place or the time to have her nervous breakdown.

Two hours later back at the ranch Steel was going nuts now. What had he done?

He was sitting in a chair banging his head on the table when his grandmother arrived without his daughter. “What did you do boy?” He didn’t even look up and continued to hit his head against the table.

“We were on our way back when I saw Rose driving down the road crying hysterically. What happened?”

“Her brother was talking.” He went on to tell her everything he had heard her brother say. He expected sympathy from his mama. What he didn’t expect was the smack to the back of his head.

“For such a smart boy, you sure are dumb. That girl loves you. She would never hurt you or want you for anything than yourself. Have these days with her taught you nothing?” He hit the table with his hands this time.