Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“I will not just sit here while my daughter is out there going crazy. I have to find her.” Joshua was getting very upset and Hope didn’t want to betray her friend. It had only been a week and she didn’t want to stand by while everyone worried. Especially since they had a reason to believe Rose was going crazy. She hide her smirk, only it was for a way different reason. One that had to do with a certain sexy cowboy.

Well there was only one thing she could do.  She got up and left the room, if she didn’t see it, she wouldn’t feel bad. They had already been informed that Rose was fine. They just need to give them time. Um, give her time to think. Plus, she really wanted her in the family.

“Are you ready to go out with me now, you sexy thang?” She heard the words before the arm snaked around her waist.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. “I don’t go out with anyone.” She said eyeing him up and down. “Who can’t go to a bar with me?”

“That hurt.” Jason said putting his hand to his heart. “Don’t be mean sexy Hope. Theirs only what, 6 or 7 years age difference between us. I can be your man candy.” He wiggled his eyebrows at her. She smiled at Rose’s little brother. He was cute but alas, too young for her.

He followed her as she made her way outside. “So what’s my bratty sister done? Mom and Dad wouldn’t tell me what was going on.” Hope turned to look at him.

“It’s not my story to tell, I’m sure she’ll tell you when she comes back.” Hope was also wishing she would return ready to get hitched. Wouldn’t that be a happy surprise for everyone?

“No one wants to tell me anything. I hope this is finally her rebelling moment. She’s always been the goody to shoes. She was due for a bratty fit. You know, going off and doing something crazy. Finding a bad boy to sow her oats with.  Getting drunk, partying.” He rubbed his hands “maybe this way mom and dad will get off my back for a while.”

Hope just smacked him in the arm as they kept on walking. None of them saw that Steel was standing not too far away and had heard it all.

“Son of a bitch. Is that what she’s doing? Sowing her wild out with me? I’m the fucking bad boy?” He jumped off the wooden planks and wanted to scream to the high heavens. Once again he had been duped.