Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The moment Rose entered her office, her legs gave way. What the hell got into her? Steel was going to think she was a hussy. Yet the smile that spread on her face told another story. Once she was over the embarrassment of what she’d done; a feeling of exhilaration took over. She got off the floor and straightened her clothes.

“You’ve lived your whole life looking out for others Rose. It’s about damn time you started looking out for your own love life.” She told herself sternly then flopped onto her chair and whirled around and around as she touched her lips. “His lips felt so soft, a big contrary to his hard exterior.” A moan left her lips, followed by a squeal.

After spinning one last time, Rose got back to work. She printed the list of all the horses that needed tagging today. The Arabian’s would be the first to be tagged, since it would be easier to go in alphabetical order by breed. 32 Arabians it seemed had to be corralled. She gathered up all the equipment and proceeded to upload all the information onto each chip.

It seemed like hours had passed when a knock on her door brook her flow. Before she had a chance to say anything the door swung open and an angry Steel stepped inside. “You’ve wasted half the morning locked in here doing God knows what. If memory serves me correctly, you are getting paid to work; not hide out.”

Rose looked at Steel and smiled, completely throwing him off guard. “Did you miss me?” She asked batting her eyelashes at him. The glare he shot back made her smile widen. She was getting to him she thought and you know what they say. There’s a fine line between love and hate.

She jumped out of her chair and turned to the copy machine. “For your information Mr. Steel. I have been putting together all the information for the first set of horses. On this sheet, you will find the name of all the horses I need gathered and corralled.” He snatched the paper she handed him and skimmed the contents.

She turned once again and picked up 32 binders. Once again she turned to him and practically pushed him back as she shoved them into his hands. “Here is all the information on each of the Arabians. Date of birth, location of birth, shot records, temperament, number of times breed, physicals, Offspring records, winning records, lineage. I’ve even included what type of oats they prefer, what side of the pasture they prefer to graze on. You name it, it’s in there.”

She saw the look in his eyes ranging from disbelief, curiosity, anger so many emotions. “All the information in those binders.” She said pointing at his hands. “Is now encrypted into these little chips. “  After holding up one little chip with the tweezers she dismissed him, by flicking him away with her hands. “I expected them ready for me in 10 minutes.”