Ten

Weeks have passed since Valentine's Day. All I've been doing for the past few weeks was to stay on social media and avoid Drew. He scared me now. I know his persistence was an act of love and gratitude towards me, but the way he wanted me - it was out of hand.

Five messages and three missed calls from Drew ever since the day at the bridge. I wouldn't want to call him a stalker, that was too absurd to be exaggerated that way, but maybe he was desperate. Desperate to have me back, to hold me, and for me to love him back again.

Every time I go to the mall out with my friends, I see him. His house is on the way to the mall, and since my parents are to busy to drive me there. I walk. I always see his house, and him at his front lawn dribbling a basketball. It was very attractive, but I wouldn't fall for it again. His house was my second home when we were together. We would always cuddle up in the living room whenever his parents weren't around, and we would even play hide and seek, squeezing ourselves to the smallest closets of the house. It was perfect, it was like a fairy tale that sucked me in little by little and then all at once. It was like a spell that could never be undone, but it broke.

And the ill fate of our break up was just because of one little bracelet. It was sort of a friendship bracelet type, but what made it special is that I made it for Drew. I made it look like a silly little accessory that could be suitable for a boy, so I used black thread. And when he wore it, it looked good with his silver watch. Now here comes the bad part, there was a party. Everything bad happens in a party. Something get stolen, someone gets drunk and faints, someone missed their final exam, and for me the bad thing was Drew hooking up with another girl. Surprise. Surprise.

I never allowed Drew to even touch me that way, because I knew he would respect me and my decision of taking things slow. I wasn't at the party, because I was at my aunts apartment helping her move her things to a new house. No one even told me what happened, maybe they were drunk, or maybe they didn't even know Drew was taken.

I was the one who found out. I was the one who discovered my own pain, and all because of a bracelet.

She, Ali, was wearing the bracelet I gave to Drew. I saw it on her arm. At first I didn't notice it was the one I made, but we were in P.E class together and she took it off. I saw it, and it was the same knot that I made Drew's bracelet, same thread, same length, same bracelet on her arm.

I didn't want to create a cat-fight right there in the shower room, but I had to ask Drew first. I knew he wouldn't do this to me. I knew he loved me. He was honest. He was loyal.

I saw Drew in the usual place where he hangs out - by the fountain.

"Drew?" I said, tapping his shoulder.

"Gabrielle! Hi, what are you doing here?" He said, pretending everything was okay.

I glanced at his arm, the bracelet wasn't there. It was gone. Where was it?

"Where's your bracelet?" I asked.

He glanced at his arm too, his face full of guilt, "Maybe I just left it at my house, why?"

"Oh, because I just it on Ali's arm."

"What?" He said startled.

"You don't believe me?" I said.

"Well-"

"Come."

I led him to Science lab, where I know Ali was going to be because I had the same class as her. He was trying to hold my hand on the way there, and every time I rejected, the more he got confused. Why didn't he know what I was talking about?

My school was pretty big, so no one actually had an idea someone's together with another. Explains why Ali just made herself feel welcome with Drew.

"Ali!" I shouted.

"Oh hey, Gabrielle. Drew! I didn't know you'd be here. I forgot to give you back your bracelet! We were having so much fun last night!" She said, her tone was so annoying. My blood was boiling and my hands started to become hot.

I swallowed a lump in my throat, "How'd you get his bracelet anyway?" I asked. Forgetting the urge to punch her.

"Well, he was having fun but he was that drunk like he was just tipsy, and we, ehrmm, we kissed and... yeah. I got his bracelet so I could use it as an excuse to talk to him again. " She said.

That was it. I couldn't help it anymore, I ran outside of school. And Drew of course, was chasing after me. You could see that he didn't even know what he was doing because he was drunk. But still, I've seen my father drunk and he would still know what to do. But Drew was just tipsy.

I stopped running. Turned back and went to Drew.

"Why? I said fighting back the tears.

"I was drunk."

"Tipsy." I said correcting him.

"No, Gabrielle, I was drunk, I don't even remember kissing Ali."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not."

"Please," I said, throwing my hands up in the air, "I've seen you drunk, you still act sober."

"Please Gabrielle, stop"

"No, I know you know what you're doing. You never even get that drunk because once you get home with any state looking like you're a homeless man, your mom will kill you." I said with a stern voice. I didn't want to cry, not in front of him, I won't.

All he could do was stand there and stare at the ground, "Okay, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking, you weren't there and I really needed some company."

And that's what it took for me to be on my way home. I told my mom what happened, and she called the school saying that I was having a high fever and I just sent myself home.

And that's what it took for my happiness go down the drain, a bracelet. 

----

Hi guys, I'm sorry this update took so long! I was really busy with my training's and this chapter is just a background on Gabrielle's life! Hope you guys enjoyed it! Tell me what you think! I'm already publishing the next chapter after this since this chapter has nothing to do with the story.