Chapter 9

"Honey, will you grab the pancake mix from the corner cabinet and start putting it together for me? I'm gonna get Davi all settled," Neymar told you as he disappeared into Davi's bedroom down the hallway. You rolled your eyes, laughing. Of course Neymar would want you to make breakfast! He wasn't the best at it anyways.

You took out a large mixing bowl, a gallon of milk, measuring cups, butter, two eggs, a soon, a spatula, and a whisk. Then you poured some of the pancake mix into the bowl and mixed the rest of the ingredients in with it.

"Pancakes! With chocolate chips?" You heard Davi yell excitedly from down the hallway. Laughing, you plugged the griddle's cord into the wall to preheat it. Then you reached into the top cabinet where Neymar had hidden the bag of chocolate chips. If they weren't hidden, Davi would find a way to climb onto the countertop and reach into the cabinet to get them.

Davi came running full speed into the kitchen with Neymar close on his heels. He had his arms out in front of him, chasing Davi and yelling. Davi, giggling, ran behind your legs and hid there. Neymar pretended he didn't see him and asked,

"Davi? Where are you! Breakfast is almost ready!" Then he would run out from his hiding place and straight into Neymar's arms, always asking where the chocolate chip pancakes were. And Neymar would tell him,

"They aren't ready yet, silly! Now go hide again!" And this entire process continued as you were flipping pancakes on the griddle. Then, when you had all Davi's, yours, and Neymar's pancakes stacked each on a plate, you called them into the kitchen to grab their breakfast.

"Wow, this looks amazing babe! Thanks so much, you're a wonderful cook," Neymar told you, kissing your lips gently.

"Thanks, honey. I'm glad you like them!" You answered back, handing Davi a glass of milk and the bottle of syrup.

"You're welcome," He answered with his mouth full, completely engrossed in his breakfast. You laughed at Davi devouring his pancakes and attempting to pick the chocolate chips out of each of them before popping a bite into his mouth.

The three of you looked so happy, like a family. And that thought made you smile, because it was true. You were a family.