Chapter 6

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing and vibrating on the coffee table. You yawned and stretched your arms above your head. Davi was sleeping next to you, his head buried into the couch cushions and his hand wedged inside, yet another, bag of kettle corn.

"Hello baby," You muttered into the phone groggily.

"Hey, ready to pick me up?" Ney asked back, his voice weak and shaky. Your stomach pounded with butterflies but you nodded to yourself anyway. He needed you, now was not the time to be upset.

"Of course. But Davi is asleep. What should I do?" You asked, gazing over at the adorable boy sleeping in your living room. His blonde curls were your favorite feature of his. He looked so small and innocent.

"Bring him, he'll want to see me," Neymar suggested, and you knew he was smiling at the other end of the line. Neymar absolutely adored Davi and you knew he would definitely do the trick to make him feel better.

"Okay, I'll be there soon," You promised. Neymar hung up the phone right before you could whisper those three special words. Oh well, you had plenty of other opportunities to tell him how you felt about him.

"Awww Ney!" You cooed, running over to give him a hug. His jaw was bruised and there was blood above his lip. He looked lonely and weak and he was awfully sweaty, too.

"Hey, my baby girl," Neymar said, smiling a little bit and kissing your lips gently. "How are you? And Davi?" He asked with concern.

"We're good. Just worried about you, of course," You blushed, wiping the blood off of his face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine. I beat the shit out of him though. He only got me a couple times." You rolled your eyes, but secretly you loved Neymar's overprotectiveness. It was adorable.

"So no need to go to the hospital or anything like that?" You asked, playfully swatting at his arm. He leaned down and kissed your forehead.

"No, I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me, my love," He said, hugging you tightly. "Oscar might need a few stitches..." He trailed off, running his hands through his hair and sighing.

"Babe! Is he seriously hurt?" You asked with genuine worry in your eyes.

"Don't worry about Oscar. He can handle himself." Neymar said, suddenly angry. He made his way over to the car and climbed in on the driver's side, this time not even bothering to hold the door open for you.

When you climbed in yourself, you were surprised to see Neymar with his head in his hands, not even paying any attention to Davi in the back seat. You gently tapped on his shoulder and he glanced up at you.

There were tears streaming down his cheeks.

Your baby was crying.