Ch 9||A golden cross

After my encounter with Hisoka I didn't have much to do so I decided to train. I stayed near the lake and hid my stuff in a hole. I was practicing with my staff like when I felt like I was being watched. I wiped the sweat off of my brow and sighed.

"I already know who you are so come out or I'll make you." I threatened in a low cold voice. They didn't respond and threw a knife at me. I easily dodged but was kicked to the side. I flew in the air and the person appeared on top of me ready to kick me down to ground. I twist my body and kicked the person away. I readied my staff and glared at the person who attacked me. They wore a white cloak that covered their face and a gold cross around their neck. They rushed towards me and drew out a sword. I unsheathed my dagger and clashed against their sword. They went to kick me but I jumped back. I need to get out of here. This person means business. Before I could catch my breath they ran towards me and went to slash me with their sword. I ducked underneath the sword and slashed their eyes. Blood splattered everywhere and the only thing glowing were my cold golden eyes. They fell to the ground.

"לא הצלחתי להרוג..." the person lifted up their arm slowly. I grabbed their sword and swung it. The arm fell and the person screamed. I then cut off their head and watched it roll. I removed the hood and saw a girl. She seemed to be in her 30's. I heard a familiar squirrel climb on a nearby branch.

"Kid, you gotta watch your back. The War has begun. The clash between Mother Earth and her children and The Order Of The Cross. Be prepared because this is just the beginning." The squirrel warned. I looked at the squirrel and furrowed my eyebrows. I looked at the body and the necklace. I snatched the necklace from the corpses neck and felt writing on the back of the rosary.

'He who has been chosen shares the Burden of the cross' the text wrote

'He who has been chosen shares the Burden of the cross' the text wrote. I put on the necklace so I don't lose it.

"The fourth phase of the exam has just ended! Will the applicants please return to the starting point at once? You will be given one hour of extra time. If you do not return during this time, you will fail the exam." A voice announced.

'Already it only felt like yesterday?' I picked up the sword and sheath and strapped it on me. I walked over to my stuff and sighed it out. I picked up my staff and squished it to the size of a pen and put it in my pocket. I ran towards the boat. I arrived and saw Killua and Hisoka. I walked over to Killua and smiled.

"Hey Old man!" I punched his shoulder.

"Oww! Your here early Yuki." Killua smirks.

"I could say the same for you." I smirked. Killua looked at my chest and I glared at him and covered my chest with my hands.

"I wasn't looking at your chest idiot. I was looking at your necklace where did you get it?" Killua asked while sweat dropping.

"Someone attacked me aiming to kill. They had this sword and necklace so I killed them and took it." I shrugged my shoulders. Killua's eyes narrowed.