Ch 3||Identities and secrets

All of the contestants including myself gathered in the room with the chairman and his assistant.

"Hello everyone and welcome! We will be arriving at our destination tomorrow morning , at 8 a.m!" His assistant smiles.

"You'll find dinner waiting in the dining hall. You are also welcome to get some rest. In other words you're free to do as you please until you are contacted." The assistant explained.

"Ok! Yuki! Gon! Let's go explore the airship!" Killua smiles while running off as we both follow behind him.

——
Examiners POV

"Hey, how many did you think are gonna pass the exam!" Menchi asked while smiling.

"You mean pass the exam?" Buhara asked.

"Yep! This year we have an impressive group. Though I did fail all of them but one at one point. Menchi grins.

"But doesn't it depend on what the upcoming phases consist of?" Buhara asked.

"That's true...but didn't you notice it? One of them had this whole aura thing going on!" Menchi exclaimed.

"What do you think? Satotz Kun!" Menchi asked the mustached man.

"Oh yes, I like the rookies this year." He looks up in thought.

"Ha! So you agree? I think #294 has a good shot!" Menchi smiles.

"I'm partial to #99." Satotz said.

"He looks like a selfish spoiled brat! What do you think Buhara!" Menchi chuckles.

"Well, He isn't a rookie but #44 is the one I favor." Buhara says.

"I'm sure you noticed, when #255 was ready to attack you and Yuki chan went into a frenzy, it was really #44 who wanted to kill someone." The large man points out.

"Of course I noticed. He could barely restrain himself from tearing off our heads. But didn't you realize he was already like that the first moment we appeared." Menchi sighs.

"Really?" Buhara asked.

"Yeah, that's the real reason I was so edgy. Really! He kept challenging me." She groans in irritation.

"I also had a similar experience." Satotz says while putting down his cup of tea.

"He should be carefully monitored. And though it pains me to admit this, we are birds of a feather to him. However his affinity to darkness is far stronger. As hunters we are continually seeking out rivals.  Ultimately the hunters exam is but a place to find opponents worthy of respect. And every once in a while, we encounter someone who hits the floor running, when we try to slow things down. An oddball of sorts." Satotz explains with a serious expression.

——
Your POV
Killua and Gon snuck into the kitchen while I refused to go with them and stayed outside. I heard the clanging of pots and saw the door open with the chef holding the two knuckleheads.

"Go to the dining hall if you want to eat!" Shouts the chef then closes the door.

"You guys can be such an idiot sometimes honestly." I walk up to them.

"Stingy old man." Killua grumbles.

"We were hungry!" Gon pouts. I sigh and extend my hand to help them up.

"Wow awesome!" I heard Killua yell while walking to the window.

"Come over here! Look Gon!" Killua yells excitedly.

"What is it!" Gon smiles while walking closer to the window. I walk closer as well and stand in the middle.

"Whoaaa!" Gon shouts excitedly while looking out the window.