| Chapter 28 |

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Malloka555 for her UH-MAY-ZING cover in the external link!

Chapter 28

I woke up to a loud shriek. And not just any shriek, but a blood curdling screech. And then a slamming door. I jerked awake, practically falling out of bed; Noah just yanked the blanket and snuggled further into his pillow. My eye widened slightly as I realized what had happened last night. No, not that, you pervert. Deciding that I’ll reflect upon it later, I jumped out of bed and ran to the door, pushing it open to see Marissa diving into the bathroom. As I stepped towards the bathroom, I heard running water and unhappy mutters. Marissa was dousing her eyes with cold water.

“What are you doing?” I asked her with furrowed eyebrows. My hair was probably a mess and my voice sounded like I was speaking for the first time in nine years.

“Ridding my eyes of your sins!” she whipped around to look at me with a crazy look in her red, wet eyes.

“My sins?” I asked as I stared at her.

“You were in my brother’s bed!” she hissed. “Kissing is one thing but that…that is another!”

I stared at her for a moment before I realized what she was saying. Quickly shaking my head, I took a step forward and she jumped back, eyeing my hands as if they were lethal weapons. “Don’t touch me! I don’t know what—,” she began but I swiftly cut her off.

“No! Nothing happened! Nothing at all! We just…talked, okay? We only talked. Words, exchanging words- that’s all that took place, I swear,” I told her in an assuring tone.

“You mean you guys didn’t—?” she queried but I shook my head.

“No! No! Nothing of the sort! He, uh, he told me about his mom,” I admitted.

“He…he told you?” she asked, her eyebrows rising.

“Yes,” I nodded.

“O-okay, well, I’m going to go out and get some breakfast. You wake Noah up,” she told me as she left the bathroom, picking up her purse, which was strewn across the floor, and slinging it over her shoulder.

I entered the bathroom and closed the door. After using the toilet, I washed my hands and my face. And because my toothbrush isn’t here, I had to rinse my mouth with water, and then mouthwash, which isn’t as clean as I wish it could’ve been.

I walked back to Noah’s room, watching him sleep. It’s not as creepy as it sounds, I swear. Okay, maybe it is but it’s worth it. I mean, he’s cute when he sleeps. Though, I’m not, as cliché as that may seem. The guy always seems like an angel but the girl is the opposite. I think I snore. I mean, Noah told me that I do, but I don't know whether or not I should believe him.

His long eyelashes cast shadows across his cheeks, and his hair was a complete mess, but it suited him. His lips were set in a frown as he rested his face on the pillow. He was rolled up like a burrito in the blankets. He hogs the covers, in case you’re wondering. I realized that just last night because he nearly shoved me off the bed in order to snatch the blankets from me.

Deciding not to be a creep any longer, I walked over to his desk and sat down. I began taking my hair out of its loose ponytail and fixing it, tying it up tightly so it was out of my face. With a sigh, I reached out and grabbed Noah’s guitar, lifting it up and putting it in my lap. I struggled to hold it correctly; I held it awkwardly in my arms. Why is his guitar so hard to play?

“It’s a lefty guitar,” Noah muttered from his bed. His morning voice was deep and raspy and…nice. I glanced up at him and pursed my lips. His eyes were half lidded as he struggled to escape his fortress of blankets. Once he managed to splay them across the bed, he stretched and as if his body couldn’t get any bigger, his arms flew above his head and his legs stretched out. He began cracking his joints and his knuckles, earning silence from me.