Oh, How I've Missed you

Meanwhile, in the other room, Sarah and Faye had tears in their eyes as well. They both stood as close to the door as humanly possible with their ears squished against it to eavesdrop.

"Okay, for real...why is he the perfect man?!" The doctor questioned.

"I know right?! That was like right out of a romance novel or something!" Sarah whisper-yelled back to her.

"Seriously! It's like she created him from a build-a-man kit! Now I just gotta see how he looks..." She shook her head, almost in disbelief as she grinned.

"He is quite handsome and QUITE the charmer, Faye." Sarah confirmed.

The two ceased their conversation and panicked when they heard two footsteps approach the door they were against. They scrambled and ran around for a second before they sprinted to the nearest table, and sat down across from one another. They acted as casually as they could when Silver walked out.

"Oh my...THAT is one sexy HUNK of man..." Faye all but drooled as she looked at his broad shoulders, his toned arms, and his emerald eye.

He looked content as Claire happily nuzzled into his front while she slept soundly. He supported her with one arm and pulled out a chair with the other, then sat down and kinda laid back so both of them could relax and be comfortable. The movement caused her to stir, and she moaned a sleepy moan, then nuzzled her head into his chest before falling fast asleep again. She had a sweet but dopey smile on her face, one that Sarah had never seen before.

"I can finally put a face to all the stories." Dr. Buhle said.

"Heh heh. Hope ye aren't too disappointed." He teased.

"Hardly. We've been calling you Mr. Tall, dark, and handsome...and you are very much all of those things."

He winked at her and subconsciously stroked Claire's back as they spoke to one another. Sarah watched the way he cared for her like it was so natural, it was effortless, he didn't even have to think about it. Her daughter was truly in good hands, and it lifted her spirits to see.

Silver chuckled a bit, then tenderly kissed Claire's head.

"What's that all about?" Faye asked.

The two women looked at the adoration in his eyes, and the amused crinkles at the corners of them.

"Da' pup is kickin' up a storm. I can feel 'im where her belly is pressed up against mine. I'm surprised she can sleep t'rough it."

"You are just the sweetest guy I've ever met, and you are going to be an amazing father and husband." Sarah chimed in.

"Oh? What makes ya' so sure?" He questioned, not that he was unhappy to hear her say this. 

"I can just tell. Mother's intuition perhaps. That and you are everything that Leland wasn't."

"I'm gonna do every'ting in my power to be da' best pop and husband that I can be."

"I hate to interrupt, but we should get this mama and baby some food, and then get them off to bed, it's getting late." Faye interrupted.

"True, and we still 'ave a competition to settle." He grinned as he glanced at Sarah.

"Competition?" Faye asked.

"Oh yes, you and Claire are going to judge our food and pick whose is better."

"Ooh! You won't catch me complaining about free food. Let's eat!" The doctor grinned while she rubbed her hands together.

Silver gently shook the shoulder of his fiancee until she stirred from sleep.

"Mmmm...why?" She asked as she buried her face into his chest.