Something Unexpected

Claire felt like the chores she was assigned would never end! Anything and everything that could possibly be done on a ship was given to her as a chore, and when she finished them all, Silver somehow managed to always have more. Her usual chores included swabbing the deck, scrubbing everything with a brush, cleaning the crew's quarters, scraping space barnacles off of the hull, cleaning the bathrooms, and washing dishes after meals.

When she wasn't doing her various jobs, Silver either taught her useful sailing skills or had her help him in the kitchen, which was the one thing she actually didn't mind. She had already learned a few things, including how to tie up a boat, how to secure a lifeline, and how to tie several different sailor knots.

She was a quick learner, and Silver was genuinely impressed with her (though he would never admit that out loud). He was a firm-handed teacher, and the two of them got in their fair share of tussles and stubbornness contests, but despite how hard Silver was on Claire, the two of them grew closer as the weeks passed.

Claire had managed to complete her chores a bit earlier than normal and decided to head down to the galley to let Silver know. Upon arrival, she spotted the man slicing bread at the counter.

"Hey Silver, I finished my chores." She said proudly.

"This early?" He cocked a brow in disbelief as he stacked the slices in a neat pile.

"Yup, check 'em yourself if you don't believe me." She sassed.

He shook his head at her attitude.

"T'ain't got time to check 'em, I'll take yer word for it. But, just know you'll be in a world o' trouble if they're not done." He threatened.

"Yeah yeah." She waved her hand at him and turned to go back up to the deck, but she paused when he spoke again.

"Since ye have some free time, would ye mind helpin' me with lunch?"

"Oh, uh..sure. What are we making?" She asked as she walked back to the galley.

"Bonzabeast sandwiches, leftover stew, and some perps."

"Sounds easy enough, what do you want me to do?"

"Well, how about I teach ya how ta' properly slice a bonzabeast into deli meat?"

"Yeah, okay." She shrugged.

Silver handed Claire a cleaver, then brought out a slab of meat as big as she was. He flopped it down on the counter in front of her and then started to cut some slices off of a block of moon cheese that he had on a cutting board.

"Start from the top, an' work yer way down." He instructed as he cut through the cheese with an astonishing speed and accuracy.

Claire was a bit intimidated by the sheer size of this thing, and just stared at her meat and cleaver as she didn't even know where to start. Silver finished his slicing just about as quickly as he had started it, and he gave a chuckle when he saw the look on her face.

"Here..." He said as he offered his assistance. 

Claire straightened up a bit when she saw him move towards her. A chill buzzed through her as she became covered in goosebumps when Silver came up behind her and gently pressed his belly against her back. Then her breath hitched as he wrapped his arms around her comparably smaller frame, and took hold of her hands.

"...Like this." He held her attention as he demonstrated how to go about this with her hands.

She tensed up and swallowed hard; the only thing she could focus on was how close the two of them were right now. She already knew that she found him attractive, but she was certain that he didn't feel the same; but to have him touching her and essentially holding her like this gave her stomach butterflies something fierce.