A journey of their own

Claire ran until she reached a fairly well-covered area that was a little ways behind Ben's house. She crouched down to better blend in as she waited for Silver to make his way to their agreed meeting spot. She pulled out the gun that Silver had given her before they even left the Legacy and readied it in case a crew member managed to stumble upon her before Silver could get there.

She could feel her pulse increase just a hair as she waited for his arrival. Claire closed her eyes for a moment as she tried to resolve the underlying tone of nervousness that she was feeling...because as tough as she liked to act, that's all it was...an act. She didn't want to think about it, but there was a decent chance of one of the others finding her, and if they did...it wasn't going to be pretty.

Claire jumped when she heard the sound of a stone roll behind her, and she grabbed her gun and pointed it in the direction of the noise. She held her breath and tried to steady her trembling hands as she stared down the barrel of her gun in preparation to shoot whoever emerged from the foliage.

After the longest second of her life, John came into view. He held his hands in the air to show that he wasn't a threat as soon as he laid eyes on her raised weapon.

"Woah there! It's just me, lass!"

Claire exhaled to release the tension she was holding as she uncocked her pistol and placed it back in the holster.

"Geez! You scared the piss out of me John! You can't just sneak up on me like that!"

Silver walked over to Claire and wrapped his arms around her.

"Heh heh, what else was I supposed to do, lass? Announce me location for everyone ta' hear?"

"You could have whispered my name or something! Sorry...I'm just on edge."

"Ah, tis' alright. Are ya' ready?"

Claire got a big old grin on her face as she thought about how incredible it was going to be for the two of them to find this.

"Let's do this!"

Claire opened the map and was practically shaking with anticipation, she could hardly stand the waiting. They opened the map just long enough to track the direction it was pointing, then closed it again to avoid the crew spotting it. Once they determined the direction, Claire and Silver started after it.

"So, Mr. Daddy, I think we have some things to figure out." Claire said as they traversed the jungle terrain.

Silver paused for a second and looked back at her.

"Mr. Daddy, eh?"

"Yu-P" She emphasized the 'P' with a popping sound. "Cause you're a daddy...in more ways than one." She said matter-of-factly.

This earned a smirk from Silver.

"And what things do we need ta' be figurin' out?"

"Well, for starters...What exactly are we going to do with the other two after this? Was your original plan to kill all of us? I doubt that you can just drop Delbert and Amelia off on some random planet, she'll take all of this personally and make it her life mission to track you down. Then there's the problem of what happens to me when this is over. There's a good chance that the crew won't want me to join them."

"T'ain't important what d'ey want. I'm 'da captain, and what I say goes."

"Yeah...but, even if they did...I don't want to be a part of this crew. There's gotta be a different solution, right?"

"I don't know, lass. I-I just need some time ta' figure t'ings out."

It didn't take long after that for them to reach the thickest section of the forest, and Claire was finding it difficult to push through the bush.