Thirteen

6 Days Til Homra Arrives
I danced with seanair to the typical Scottish music but my seanmhair clapped along as she watched us. My pàrantan were glaring but I didn't care, I was still in my nightgown so they weren't upset about that. I laughed as seanair dipped me some then the song ended and I hugged Grampy.

"Our aingeal beag." He whispered and I smiled as seanmhair started on lunch for us.

"Seona, you have a proposal meeting later tonight." Mom said and I sighed as I looked at her.

"Yes, màthair." I said and Grampy kissed my head. We sat once lunch was done but I had to go get ready for the proposal meeting, which was essentially a meeting with some guy maybe twice my age on the basis of maybe marrying. I sighed as my mother curled my hair then she pressed into my back with the curling iron's tip, burning me.

"Sit up straight!" She said, even as I cried out, then I closed my eyes before I started crying.

"Yes, màthair." I whispered and she finished then forced me to get dressed.

I walked downstairs and my seanair no seanair gave me soft, lightening smiles as my pàrantan glared

"He's at the restaurant near the square. Go." Father said and I nodded as I left. Honestly, I wanted to ditch this and go find the nearest hole but I couldn't, my parents would probably kill me. Literally. I got to the restaurant and saw a man sitting at a table for two, though he was alone. And he was old enough to be called athair by me. I sat and he beamed as he saw me.

"Seona?" I nodded and he eyed me like a dog eyeing meat.

"My name is Alec, I hope we marry soon." This man already plans to marry me?!

"Ye-yes, me too." I whispered and we ordered dinner then I acted interested in him, not that I was. At the end of dinner, he walked me home and held my chin tightly, forcing a kiss on my lips. I smiled, despite the overwhelming urge to punch him, and he left as I went inside. My parents were waiting and I went past them, or tried to.

"Seona, how was it?" I stopped and turned to them then smiled.

"Fine, I guess-"

"Guess?!" Màthair growled and I stopped.

"What did you do?!" She sneered in my face then glared at my hair.

"We're taking that ridiculous coloring out of your hair." She growled and dragged me upstairs.

"Go to your room! Don't come out until I say!" She said and slammed the door then I ripped my clothes off, laying there in my black bra and underwear set, as I held my quilt and sobbed into the fabric.
~~~
I sat there in front of the vanity as my màthair dried my hair but my scalp was raw from her scrubbing the color out.

She got most of it out and she was very content with herself, saying the rest would come out by the wedding date, which was set in five days

She got most of it out and she was very content with herself, saying the rest would come out by the wedding date, which was set in five days. When she was done, she left but locked the door again and I stayed at the vanity, silently crying and begging to dia for someone to come save me. That night, she handed me her wedding dress which was plain and obviously old, saying it would be mine. Her and seanmhair got me in the dress so my granny could hem it to my size, yet her eyes told me she didn't want this for me. And honestly, I didn't want this either. As I returned to bed that night, I held my quilt and sobbed into the fabric.