Eight

"The number you have dialed is currently-" I hung up and sighed as I held my head. It's been two weeks since we last saw Fushimi and he's not answering my calls, we've tried his apartment, the dorm where his friends are, and even the home of his old king, Reishi Munakata. I'll give him this, when he wants to disappear, he disappears.

"Nothing?" Yata asked and I shook my head.

"No, not a thing. I'm getting worried-"

"I know." He whispered and grabbed my hand then I laid my head on his shoulder.

"He thought we kissed, Yata. Meaning he-"

"Feels something for you? I thought the same." I sighed as I held his hand tighter then we stared at the fire in the fire place.

"What if... What if we never hear from him again?" I whispered in the almost too silent room and he was silent for a long time, making me lift my head to look at him.

"Yata?"

"Then we don't. Trust me, I want to talk to him about it too but if he's avoiding us, there's nothing more we can do." He said and looked at me then brushed my blue hair back.

"Hey, its midnight. Merry Christmas Eve." He whispered and I looked at the clock then smiled.

"Merry Christmas Eve, Yata." I whispered and he kissed my head as tears welled up in my eyes.

"I'm scared, Yata. What if he never comes home?" I whispered and he hugged me as I sobbed.

"He will, I promise." He whispered and I held his shirt tightly.

"What's going on?" We both looked to see Kusanagi standing there in a T-shirt and some sweats then I wiped my eyes and smiled softly.

"Still haven't heard from Fushimi, huh?" He asked and I nodded as he sat on the other couch.

"Well, I can promise this, he's not out there in the cold. He's too smart for that." I nodded and he looked at us, his glasses gone now and his hair more tousled.

"You two should get some sleep, Yata and I both know how Anna is around the holidays." Yata nodded and we went to the rooms but I stopped in front of his door.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" He nodded and we went inside his room, laying in the bed with my back to him.

"Hey, you heard Mr Kusanagi, Fushimi's gonna be alright, I promise." I nodded and he pulled me to face him then hugged me with one arm. I smiled and held him then he kissed my head as we fell asleep like that.
•~•
"Wake up!" A voice yelled and I groaned as I felt Yata's warm chest against my head.

"Its Christmas Eve, come on!" Anna said and jumped on the bed then I sighed.

"Anna, ma tha, tha e ro thràth." I said and she stopped.

"Please, it's too early, Anna." I repeated and she sighed.

"Fine. But we're waiting for you two downstairs!" She said and stomped out of the room. I sat up then looked at Yata and almost felt bad about waking him up.

"Gaol, tha e an t-àm dùisg." I whispered and he groaned.

"What?"

"It's time to wake up." I said and he sat up then ran a hand through his hair.

"Mm, fine. Did you call me 'gaol'?" I nodded and he snorted.

"That means love, you know that?"

"I know." I said and kissed his cheek then went downstairs with a soft smile.

"Seona, wait a second! Why'd you call me that?!" He called as he chased after me then I turned as we got to the living room where everyone else sat.

"To get you down here quickly." He pouted and I smiled as I went to sit in the recliner.

"Okay, everyone is down here. We can open the presents now." Kusanagi said and I smiled. It's tradition in this house that everyone gets to open two gifts on the eve and the rest on the day. I smiled as I watched everyone tear into their two gifts but I wasn't expecting anything, until Anna handed me a box.

"Here, it's our gift to you." I smiled and took the box then unwrapped it as everyone watched. I gasped as I saw a photo album then I flipped through, seeing a collection of photos of the guys and two others. I knew they were Totsuka and Mikoto based on the photos downstairs but I also saw a bunch of Yata with the guys. There were even a few at the end of the filled pages that had me.

"This is amazing, thank you!" I laughed and Yata cleared his throat.

"Here, this is from me." He said and I took the long, thin box from him.

"What is this?" I asked and he went red as he shrugged.

"Open it." I giggled and unwrapped it then stopped as I saw the insignia of the necklace.

" I giggled and unwrapped it then stopped as I saw the insignia of the necklace

"Misaki." I whispered and looked at him.

"We all got ours tattooed right after the slate was destroyed but I know you don't like needles, so I got you that instead." He said and I smiled as I hugged his neck.

"Thank you so much." I whispered and he awkwardly hugged me back. I let him go then Anna stood on the couch behind me, clipping the necklace on for me.

"That's pretty cool, Yata." Rikio said and Yata shrugged like it was nothing.

"Seriously, thank you." I said and he smiled.

"Your welcome." He smiled and we continued our day with breakfast and the video games the guys got.