{9} The Note

.-+ Mari's POV +-.

He left with a chuckle and saying he missed that laugh, while sliding a note across the table. After he walked out the made me a blushing mess. I walk up to Kyoya face steaming and looking like a red pepper, "Can I take a break for a couple of minutes please?" I ask him.

"Of course, but I would like Shin to go with you. He is our new host and you are the only one he doesn't know," Kyoya says smiling.

"O-of course, I don't mind if Shin comes with me. I'll be waiting outside the club doors for him."I say pointing over my shoulder with my thumb towards the door. Kyoya nods at me and gets up, he walks over a first year that I've talked to once before in class.

 Kyoya nods at me and gets up, he walks over a first year that I've talked to once before in class

(That's him ♥︎ I think he's adorable!)

I walk out into the halls and wait next to the door for Shin.  After a couple of seconds of me waiting for him to come out he walks out the door and instantly turns to look at me. "So your the famous Mari?" Shin raises an eyebrow. I nod while laughing and put my hand out in front of me. He looks at my hand for a split second and I can see he was confused. After a while of him thinking his palm reaches mine and we shake hands. I giggle while giving him a small closed eyed smile. When I look back up at him his cheeks have a little more color in them.

"So uh, why did you need a walk?" He asks me rubbing the back of his neck embarrassed. I think again about why I did need a walk then remembered that it was because of the still unopened note.

I pull it out of my pocket and hold it out in front of me. "This is why, I'm not entirely sure what it says because I'm too scared to see what it says." I say looking down at it almost terrified. I feel him put his hand on mine, I look up to see him giving me a comforting look.

"I can read it to you if you want," he offered. I looked at him wearily but nodded after debating about it.

He reached his hand out to grab the note and I flinched a little. But then gave him the note, he smiled at me and looked down to the letter. "Okay so it says 'Hey Mari, I'm sorry about what I said the other day at the hospital. It was harsh of me and I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just mad about being in a coma for 2-3 months. If you want a real apology come to the gazebo in the maze after the host club.' Wow, wait why were you in the hospital?" Shin asks me.

"I was in the hospital because Eren was my boyfriend and he was in a coma and woke up so I went to see him. He didn't realize it was me, but after a while he remembered me and the reason he was in the hospital, which I guess you could say was me..." I say interlacing my fingers with my own, holding my hands in front of me. I look up to see Shin coming close to me, I hold my breath and tense with each step he takes closer to me. When he's right in front of me I'm practically sweating buckets. He leans down so that he is the same level as me.

"So he asked for a break, didn't he?" Shin asked me. I couldn't speak, not now, if I did I would be a stuttering mess, I just nodded looking up at him. I saw him smile a cute, innocent smile and laughed an adorable laugh, making me turn red from embarrassment. "Your cute when your embarrassed," he said putting his hand under my chin forcing me to look up at him. Hearing this only made my blush deepen.

"T-thank you?" I say looking at him, not knowing what he's gonna do. Right when I think he's going to lean in even more he steps away from me.

"So, you wanna go on that walk?" He said chuckling. I nod at him while smiling at him.

"Of course I would love to, besides, I think I need that walk even more now." I say mumbling the last part, I think he heard it because he chuckled and looked over at me with a blush on his face that made him look really cute, which of course, made me blush.

"So, what is your goal in life?" He starts off a conversation.

"Oh, well that's simple, my goal is to find someone who loves me for me and doesn't ask for anything more that what I already give!" I say smiling, "I almost had that with Eren until we got into a fight and he blamed me for him getting hit by a car" I say shrugging it off a little. Shin stops me and looks me in the eyes.

"He blamed you for him getting hit with a car?" He asked me looking more serious than I could've imagined.

"I mean yeah, and now that I think about it, it was kinda my fault." I say to him not looking at his eyes and continuing to walk. I felt his soft hand on my arm and he spun me around, I looked up to see his face and he looked hurt. 'Why is he hurt?' I think to myself. He pulls me closer and before I can react I'm pulled into his embrace. (HAH YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A KISS HAHA NOPE)

"I'm sorry he hurt you, but you know. If he hurt you he doesn't deserve you..." he whispered to me.

"I'll give him another chance but after that, I'll give up on him..." I whisper to Shin so that only Shin can hear me. I feel like he's smiling next to me, he puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me back so he can see all of me.

"And if he looses all his chances you'll give me a chance right?" He asked me.

"I will give everyone a chance if he cheats on me," I say playfully as I boop his nose. "You may or not be first" I say giggling.

—————————————
WOOP WOOP ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE! Also go check out my other stories, I'm also sorry I haven't updated my other story I've just been busy with this story and summer plans but I'll work on this story and the other one tomorrow!
PEACE OUT