Chapter 19

Drew's POV

     "You waited too long. I told you that you should have told them when Chance was here," Mia shakes her head at me. Chance and Sergio were able to get me one day a week to hang out with Mia, but she has to come over here, not the other way around. I can't escape this place. 

      Last week, Mia was trying to get me to talk to the guys about my whole situation with the band and stuff. I knew it would've been better to address it then, but I just couldn't. There was a mental roadblock. I told Mia I would, however, and now she's upset I didn't talk to them about it.

     "I'm sorry I chickened out," I sigh. It's true. I was mustering up the courage, but when I got Sergio's attention, I panicked and told him we needed more food. Shockingly enough, my relationship with Mia has actually helped my relationship with Sergio a little. Sometimes he sits and talks with us, but it's not much in the long run. We're still having our little disagreement, and having Mia over is a short pause from that. It's more like we can kind of talk to each other when she's around, but after that we ignore each other like the plague. It was worse when Chance was still here. That was two people I had to avoid.

     "You have to talk about it soon. Your relationship with the boys is important," I can see she's tired of giving me this speech over and over. She's already given me this speech a dozen times, and I know she's right every time. But I just can't get myself to do it. Maybe if it was only Sergio I'd have done it by now, but she wants me to talk to everyone, all four of them. There are several reasons why I'm scared to do that.

      1: I don't want them to feel guilty. Knowing them, at least one of them is going to blame it on them and saying they should've reached out and tried to make me feel like they wanted me in the band more. They shouldn't put that on themselves

      2: I'm scared the won't believe me. They'll think this is just a little story I made up to try to make up for how I acted. I don't want that. I need them to believe me or none of this will be worth it.

     3: If one of them doesn't believe me, they all won't believe me. They work in a unit. If one of them is suspicious, all of them will get suspicious. So, theoretically let's say Brady thinks something is off. He'll say it out loud, and all of them will side with him. They'll then dissect that point and find everything that's wrong with it. That won't happen with one of them at a time.

      4: I haven't talked to Brady or Michael in months. It's going to seem suspicious that I suddenly want to talk to them, especially about this.

     5: I don't necessarily know anything about the Michael situation, and I don't want anything I say to trigger something. I'm guessing he's emotionally unstable, so I could make some random comment, and it'd send him off. I don't want that.

     This is going to be a nightmare if I do it. That's a fact. And Mia is going to make me do it, whether I like it or not.

     "It is, but my relationship with you is also important," I wrap an arm around her and pull her to my side. "None of them are here anyways. I can't have the talk if Sergio isn't here."

     "Well, as soon as Sergio is here, I'm making sure you start that conversation, and I'll even FaceTime Chance off your phone to give it a start," my eyes widen at her statement.

     "What if he doesn't answer?"

      "I'll call Brady, and from what I've witnessed from his Insta, he's extra bored nowadays. He'll most likely be on his phone."

     "Do you really need to do this? Why can't we just wait until we're all together again in person?" I plead my case. She sighs.

     "You need to fix this before management...umm... decides on the whole you or Mikey situation," she tries to state it lightly, and now her rush clicks in my head. The sooner I do this, the sooner the healing will be over. The guys would then be on my side and would say I've changed my ways. If I push it off, I might never get the chance.