Chapter 17

Drew's POV

     The second I hear screaming and cheering outside the restaurant, I know it's over. They've found out where we are. Mia sees my panic and gets confused.

     "The bathroom is that way if that's why you're fidgety," Mia tells me while simultaneously stuffing bread into her bag she brought in with her.

     "No that's not it..." I start right as the waiter walks past.

     "Can we get some more bread?" Mia asks, and our waiter, unfortunately a horny guy around our age who practically starts drooling every time he walks past Mia, quickly nods, sets his tray down he was carrying, and runs off. "Start again."

      "The noise outside, it's putting me on edge. I feel like a ton of fans and paparazzi are going to rush into the restaurant," I tell her.

     "This restaurant is to expensive for them to let a ton of people in. Their ratings would go down, and people wouldn't come here anymore. Their security is too good too."

     "I know, but still."

     "And if by some chance they do get in, so what? I mean, it doesn't matter that much in the long run. We already ate. We talked. I have a bread bag. Yeah, it would be nice to finish off the night well, but it wouldn't be the worst scenario. The worst would be one of my exes coming and dumping food all over you before beating you up and forcing me away from you and..."

     "I get the idea. Do you not care what they think of you? The media and stuff?" She shakes her head at my question.

     "Why should I? The people who's opinion I actually care about, the important people in my life, already know me. The media gets everything twisted anyways. I don't trust anything they say. I need to physically see and hear it myself," she shrugs. The waiter comes back with the bread, setting it in front of Mia.

     "Is there anything else you need?" he keeps staring at her, but he isn't looking at her, face. One of my fists curls up into a ball.

     "Well, can you please get my boyfriend here a water?" she emphasizes boyfriend. He takes his eyes off her chest to glare at me.

     "Sure," he says sweetly to her before walking away.

     "Gosh, people are disgusting," she rolls her eyes as she stuffs more bread in her bag.

     "Can I have some of your bread later?" I ask her, and she gets a small smile on her face.

     "Only if you help me take some." I wrap some bread up in a tissue and shove it in my jacket pocket.

     "Good?"

     "Grand."

     "I haven't been on a date since before Boy Band," I admit. I don't know what made me think of it, but it just came out.

     "But we watched 'Wreck it Ralph' together."

     "Correction: I haven't gone out with someone since before Boy Band."

     "Better, and I haven't gone out on a date since before I moved here, so it was a while ago."

     "Did any guys ask you to go out with them while you where here?"

     "Yeah, but none of them really were appealing," she shrugs. "Like one literally grabbed my ass, who has never talked to me before in my life, and asked me out."

     "If you ever see him while you're somewhere with me, please point him out so I can give him a piece of my mind."

     "Oh trust me, I yelled at him for a good five minutes. If he ever sees me again, he'll be terrified."