Chapter 13

Drew's POV

     I walk back up the stairs to my apartment with my arm slung around Mia. It's midnight (we might have randomly drove around New York for hours) and I actually have to go back into my jail now.

     "I mean, you don't have to go back. You could become Ashton Irfin's official fish food sprinkler," Mia holds onto my hand as we walk up the stairs.

     "As much as I'd love that, Sergio would be pissed."

      "Who cares? I mean, it could just be an extended sleepover. That doesn't sound too bad."

     "All I'd do is eat and sleep."

     "True, but oh well, we'd keep you around anyways."

      "You're being nice."

      "Well, we are on a date after all," at the mention of that, my arm unintentionally holds her tighter.

      "Well, we are a pretty attractive couple," she rolls her eyes and smiles.

      "Well, we aren't a couple yet."

      "Oh, getting technical."

       "Yep."

       "But if I'm being honest, management would be pissed if I got a girlfriend."

       "But knowing you, it wouldn't stop you."

        "Hey I know what I'm going to do."

       "I'm scared."

       "I am not going to ask you to be my girlfriend until you call me sexy."

     "Then that's never going to happen."

     "You're stubborn."

      "I thought you already knew that."

      "Just admit that you think I'm sexy," I raise an eyebrow at her. She just returns at it.

     "The more you push, the less likely I am to do it."

     "Whatever."

      "Oh, don't be like that," she nudges my side. We reach the top of the stairs where we then walk through the door to the floor and slowly go over to the door to my apartment where I am going to need to sneak through quietly to make sure Sergio doesn't wake up or catch me. There still is the slim chance he's in his room, but not sleeping.

     "I had fun, thank you for freeing me temporarily," I wrap both my arms around her and pull her towards my chest. She hugs me back.

      "Thank you for letting me free you, Drewpunzel."

      "That is going to be the best movie out there, I'm telling you."

     "I'll be last in line to see that."

     "Ouch, that hurt."

       "I'll still be in line. I'm just always late, and you'll have crazed fangirls waiting hours to see that, even more if you throw in a Chance cameo."

     "My heart is hurt a little less now."

      "Well, I need to go. Morgan is probably going to call the cops if I don't make it home." she pats my chest while getting out of the hug.

      "Call me when you get back, so I know you got back safe."

       "I will," she calls back before heading back down the stairs. Sighing, I put in the code to get in (there's a different code to get out). Slowly, I open the door to pitch black darkness. I close the door behind me quietly. To my luck, the music in my room is still blaring, a good sign.