Chapter 10

Drew's POV

      Sergio and I are still not on speaking terms a month later. I mostly stay in my room on my phone while he "babysits" me. He locked me out of all my social medias though. Management changed the password on my Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, everything. I really didn't care enough to try to get back in. It's like a detox.

      To add to that detox, I'm a month drinking and smoking free. It's been tough, especially at times, but I've been able to do it. Whenever I get stressed, upset, anxious, whatever, I go through the program. I start with closing my eyes and taking a couple of deep breaths. Then, I recite the alphabet. After that, I count to sixty-nine. Finally, I spell out my name and my band members names before taking one last deep breath and opening my eyes. It helps. It genuinely helps.

       Avoiding that stuff has made me feel healthier too. Most of the time, I don't feel as dragged down. Yes, I still get very upset, but avoiding those things make me feel better. Now, if I was let back out into the world, I don't know how long I'd last without collapsing back into the temptation. It is everywhere around here. It also helps that I locked up my cigarettes and alcohol.

       The one thing eating me away, however, is boredom. I've ran out of things to do in this god damn room. I can only clean so much. There's only so many times you can rearrange your stuff. The one thing that has saved me however, is Mia. Whenever I'm about to die from boredom, she always calls within an hour. Usually it's around noon.

       "I hid the body like you told me," she whispers into the phone as soon as I pick up.

       "I told you to dump the body in the most high traffic spot of the town you're in ," I shake my head.

        "Oops."

       "Next time I do this, remind me to not include you," right when that conversation goes on, Sergio walks past the room. He skeptically looks in before continuing walking. Yep, he still hasn't said a word to me. It gives a weird dynamic, but oh well.

       "I'm sorry."

        "Estas perdonado."

       "Gracias mi amor." During a random conversation we had, I found out that Mia is half Cuban, from her mom's side. The worst part is that she spoke no Spanish at all. I made it my job to teach her some Spanish. She knows very little, but it's progress.

        "Good job."

      "Thank you. I'm trying very hard."

       "You're doing a great job."

      "Oh my gosh, is Drew actually being nice?" her joking tone makes me smile.

       "You're the one exception at the moment."

       "I'm honored."

      "But you're the only person I talk to."

        "That sounds so sad."

       "I'm on lockdown from social media, and most of my contacts don't want to talk to me." Sometimes the truth sounds horrid, like now.

       "Just means more for me."

      "Dang, you don't hate me anymore."

       "You used to hate me," she laughs. That's the truth. Now, she's my lifeline. Funny how things can change.

       "And now you're my best friend."

       "Well you aren't mine."

       "Ouch."