Chapter 20

"Camille." Alec said her name in disgust but he didn't make any hasty move towards her. There she was standing in his living room with his son in her grip. Simple move then she could harm Max. "Hello Alec, I could say nice to see you but I just don't give a shit." She looks at Alec with hatred and her eyes filled with vengeance. "Likewise." He answered. She didn't look the same Camille they met before. She had bags under her eyes, her hairs are messed up and she didn't wear the normal short skirt with heels but rather a baggy clothes with sneakers. The thought of her in sneakers made Alec laughed but it wasn't the right time to act that way.

"Camille please, let my son go. He just a child. You can hurt me all you want but please don't hurt him." She snorted after heard Alec's word and held Max tighter. "Funny you're the one who begs. How I wanted this to happened ever since you snatched Magnus away from me! Boy its worth the wait." She gripped Max's neck tighter and he cried louder. Alec falls on his knees holding his swollen belly. He raised his arm up surrendered to her demands. "Please Camille, I do anything, let him go, I promised I won't do anything stupid."

Alec was helpless, he wish he didn't let Max by his own but hell he didn't even knew she's gonna plot the revenge today. "Camille, you do know you don't have much time. The moment you stepped into that door the police are all aware. Magnus gonna be home any minute and the police would come and captured you so please, don't waste time on something you would not achieve today. Its over Camille, gave up. Magnus will never be yours and even if Magnus and I are not together, he will never choose you." Alec crossed the line when he mentioned it as he can see Camille start to be furious.

The next thing Alec knew was Max lay on the ground in front of him. "MAX!!! You bitch!" He screamed at her. She hit Max on his head with her gun, threw him off across from her. Alec kneeled by Max side and cradled him on his lap. He cried out for him to wake up but he didn't. Blood start to pour out from his head and he kept pressing it to stop him from bled out. He glared at Camille who now had the gun on his head. Then suddenly he heard a click sound.

"I wont waste a bullet on a child, plus I'm only here for you. I guess we don't have much of time but I am not going out without killing you. You ruined my life Lightwood. You are the reason why Magnus left me and the moment you entered his life he is nothing but like a puppet following your every orders!" She let out her grudge she build up all these years. Alec looked up to her with a fury eyes. "Then what are you waiting for? You had me where you wanted. Helpless and all alone, what stopping you?"

She pressed the gun harder to his head and tears flowed on her cheek ruining her mascara. "I am not gonna rush this, I'm gonna enjoy torturing you before I took your life! I'm savoring every moment of hurting you. Do you think my life was easy when Magnus left me! I have no one but him! He is the only family, only friend I had! But you have him wrapped around your finger doing exactly what you want!"

He smacked Alec with her gun and Alec dropped to the ground by his side. He felt a raging headache after. He touched his forehead and note blood on his fingers. He held his stomach protectively worried Camille would kick his baby. He opened his eyes and saw Max still lying sprawled on the floor and at that moment he wishes for Magnus to be here sooner enough.

He couldn't stopped the pain in his head and he tried to get up but only managed to kneeled on his hand and feet. Camille stood behind him gripping his hair and he winced in pain. "I told you Lightwood I will make you suffer and you will regret the day you were born." Alec breathed in and out heavily as her gripped was incredibly strong. "You can't win this, even if you killed me, Magnus will still hate you! You will be locked in the prison for murder. How do you think you gonna escape this?" He replied in hope it would knocked some sense into her.

As about then he heard someone calls him name and his heart felt relieved when he heard the most beautiful sound ever. It was Magnus.

Magnus POV

As I was driving singing a long to Sophie's favorite nursery rhyme my phone buzzed and I pressed the answered button. Alexander's sweet voice heard through the speaker. 

"Hey lover, miss me already." I was hoping he would say he is but he snorted and laughed. "You wish, we forgot something." Then he paused himself. I thought it was my phone who had problems since Sophie loves to touch and play with them but the call is still on and silence was on the line. 

"Alexander?" I tried to call him but he didn't answer. Then I heard he dropped his phone and he called out Max.

 I pulled over by the road side trying not to kill myself and my daughter. My heart dropped as I heard him shouted for Max's name and I been calling him over and over again but no answer. So I decide to call the bodyguards I placed at my house. To my disappointment still no answer from either of them so I decided to call the detective to alert him. Before I could start the call I received another call from the detective. Speaking of the devil.

"Hello Mr Bane? Is everything okay? I received an alarm from your house and I know you are at home so I want to clarify with you first." He said in such worried tone.

"I'm not at my house, my husband is. gather all your men to my house cause your deputy is not answering my call as well. Oh and get your medic team ready, I'll be there in ten minutes." Then I hung up the phone hoping he would get my orders. 10 minutes, yeah 10 minutes but it felt like an hour or more. Feeling starts to build up in my guts telling something is wrong and I prayed none harm would come to my pregnant omega and my son.

As I pulled up at my house I saw the front door was open. I removed my seatbelts and I looked at Sophie who look scared in her seat. "Soph I'm gonna get something inside the house, you be a good girl and stay here for daddy okay baby?" She nodded and I gave her my phone so she could browse through her favorite videos. That will keep her occupied for a while.

I sprinted to my house and as I entered I shout for his name. "Alexander!"

End of POV

As Magnus entered his home, he was shocked when he saw two of the guards on the floor drown in pool of blood. When he turned his head towards the living room he was greeted with horror as his son's body sprawled on the floor with blood come out from his head. Next to him is more shocking view for his heart to bear. His pregnant omega was gripped at the neck with a gun poking to his head. His face is bruised and blood pouring out from his forehead. He was held by none other, his worst nightmare. Camille.

"Camille. please, he's pregnant for god sake. Don't hurt him. Its me you want don't hurt him." Camille grinned as she saw Magnus stood helpless in front of her. "But baby if he's still alive how are we supposed to be together?" Her sick twisted mind definitely losing it. So instead of being disgusted he play along.

"I know baby, but if you hurt him, you would be captured and we can't be together. So please let him go." Alec's eyes widen in surprise but he knew Magnus was simply doing that to save his life. He felt her grip loosen all of sudden and she lowered her gun from his head. But before he could react, Camille was like awaken from a sleep. Her eyes turned back to darken for revenge.

"You lied! You tricked me! You fucker!" She raised her gun towards Magnus and what happened next felt like blurred. The only thing they all heard was a bang and suddenly all of the people storming inside their house.