Chapter 12

Alec woke up that morning felt pain on his back. He stretched as he felt worsen since he sat on the chair and leaning on the bed all night. The chair wasn't that comfy enough and he wish he could lie down in their king-sized bed at home but no bed is comfort enough without Magnus by his side. He sighed and looked at his husband's pale face. He stood up and leaned forward to kiss him on the lips, soft peck and he turned to go to bathroom before he heard the most amazing voice, his husband's voice. "Only a peck? I expect a full lustful kiss to wake me up like prince charming woke sleeping beauty." Alec turned around and looked at Magnus smirking on bed. He gasped before falling back on the bed hugging Magnus but pulls back as he winced in pain. "I-I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" He looked down at his chest and check on the wound - still intact. He looked up and their eyes met, Magnus saw Alec's teared up and as he blinked his tears rolled down on his cheeks. Magnus run his thumb wiping the tears away. "Don't cry baby, I'm right here." Alec can't help but sobbed as he rested his head on Magnus chest slowly. "I'm so worried, I thought I lost you." Magnus rubbed Alec's back as he sobbed and hushed him. "Did they caught her?" Magnus asked and Alec raised his head looking at Magnus. "Not yet, Luke said she can't hide since they had her in CCTV. Not even a great attorney can save her ass now." Magnus sighed as he tried to get up but winced in pain so Alec helped raising his head higher. He leans back and released a breath. He grabbed Alec's hand rubbing their fingers together, he pulls Alec to lie down with him but he pulls back, "What's wrong?" Magnus asked in concerned as Alec stood up from the bed. "I gotta pee. Be back in a minute." He smirked as he watched Alec running to the bathroom.

He came back and climbed on the bed hugged by his Alpha. He snuggled his nose on Magnus' neck as he wrapped his arm around Alec's body. Alec looked up and kissed Magnus on the lips. "I'm so sorry." He voiced out. "For what darling?" Magnus asked in confusion. "I was mad at you the last time we spoke and it was childish of me. I'm glad God gave me a chance to still have you in my arm again. I can't lose you Magnus, I love you so so much." Alec's looked at Magnus deep in his eyes as his eyes flooded with tears. "I love you too Alexander." Magnus kissed his forehead and wiped the tears away. He pulls him back for their hugs and rested his chin on Alec's forehead. He could still hear Alec sniffed as he cries.

They were caught in their moment when someone entered their room. It was the doctor from yesterday. "Good morning beautiful people. How are you feeling today?" He crossed his arm at his chest. Alec stood up pulling himself away from Magnus and sat back on the chair. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself yesterday. I'm Dr Joseph Halster. But you can call me Doc Joe." He raised his hand to Magnus as he shake it and so does Alec. "So, how are you feeling?" He asked Magnus and he smiled. "Thank you for saving my life." He raised both of his hand up as Magnus thanked him. "I always says this to my patient, doctor only do 60% of the job to save a person's life. The other 20% is supports from the family and in your case love-ones but the rest was actually up to you. You willingness to fight your way through it. Now that's the beauty of a strong will. I heard about you two before and I must say, Alec you are one strong cookie." Alec smirked as Magnus laughed at him. They both shared a conversation and to Magnus and Alec much enjoyable as if they are not talking to a doctor but a grandfather to couple of his grandkids. He told Magnus that he will recover sooner than he thinks. Alec sighed in relieved hearing Magnus is gonna be okay.

As he left the room, their family walked in. Izzy, Clary and Maryse all together. They guys had to work and the kids left to babysitter. Alec insisted they didn't bring their kids to the hospital so they won't catch any germs. Magnus obliged and couldn't agree more. They all look happy when they saw Magnus recovering. As they stood and talked, Magnus saw how Alec moves in his chair. He keep on stretching his back and sighed in exasperation. "Alexander, are you okay?" He rubbed Alec's back and he saw Alec's breathed out. "Yeah, its just my back. Its killing me." He sighed and his face is really tired causing Magnus to worried. "That's it, mum take Alec home to rest now. He's been sitting on the chair all night." He pulls Alec up to go home but Alec falls back on the chair. "Alec." Maryse called out and held Alec's shoulder. "I'm fine mum, I'm just tired." He held Magnus' hand as he watched Alec's breathe in and out few times. "Alexander, please go home now and rest. Don't disobey me." His voice is stern and dominant as Alec nodded weakly. He stood slowly and kissed Magnus on the lips before they left the room, "Call me if anything, I mean it anything." He grabbed Alec's chin as he made his point which Alec nodded slowly. Magnus sighed as he slopped down to his bed worrying about Alec but then he remembers, he reached for his phone by the bed side and to his luck Alec full charged it cause he knew how Magnus will look for it when he woke up. He dialed the number on his phone and few rings before the person pick up. "Mr Bane, how may I help you?" The person asked. "Mr Dillon, I need you to represent me. I've got a case for you." He took a deep breath listening to Mr Dillon taking his details as he told his brief story. They sat a meeting for the court case for he will press charges on Camille Belcourt. Something he should have done years ago before she managed to ruined their lives over and over again. He stares at the wall as the event replayed in his mind. He could still feel the pain as she plunged the knife to his abdomen and his chest and he imagine if she did that to Alec or maybe she could threatened the kids. He must put an end to this, before his family got hurt again.