Chapter 22

It has been a week since the incident but yet Alec still remained unconscious. They worried if he awake soon the wound will reopen and his vitals weren't stable enough to hold the pregnancy. But yesterday Dr Ranver and Dr Carter told Magnus he's stable enough to removed the tube. It has been 24 hours since they removed it and Alec still hasn't wake up yet. Magnus knew it would take time but seeing Alec lying on bed like this kills him, plus he's there because of his fault.

No matter how many time Izzy told him it wasn't his fault but in his heart still telling it was. They found out the truth about what happened and the detective told him Camille didn't make it after she was shot. Turns out she is frustrated due to her past and couldn't let go of Magnus. The case was closed.

Max on the other hand was making a remarkable recovery and already started eating. The first thing he wanted was the cherry pie they promised. Sophia kept him company everyday and refused to go home. She slept with Alec almost every night for the past week. She refused to go and she kept talking to Alec making her own conversation even though he couldn't respond. She talk to her little brother and when she wants to leave Alec she will whisper something in his ears. She never told anyone what she said and not even Magnus.

Magnus couldn't go back to his home for the first three days after the incident. It was too heart breaking to see the blood all over the tiles and Maryse had someone to clean the house so he could enter but as soon as he did, he was an emotional wrecked. He cried every day when he entered his house thinking of the event. He managed to pull himself together after a week but the memory haunts him.

"Daddy?" Sudden small voice called out Magnus name brings him back to reality. He wiped his tears and turned his head to the side and saw Max walked in hand in hand with Sophie. He couldn't even figured out how on earth did his kids managed not to get lost in the big hospital. The whole pediatric ward loves them since Sophie was the center of attention. They won't mind babysit them plus Maryse come to hospital everyday and bring Sophia home to eat and dressed.

"Come here munchkin." He pull Sophie and Max on his lap but they pushed back and climbed the bed with help by Magnus and lay down beside Alec. Max joined her the other side. How he wished Alec would wake up and see how an angel their kids is.

"Papa, you have to open your eyes and see my new ribbon. Its pink!" She squealed. She held the ribbon on Alec chest but Alec didn't moved not an inch. She had a sudden disappointment on her face and she looked down fiddling with her dress. She then tie the ribbon on Alec's wrist and lie back down hiding her face in Alec's chest.

"Don't worry Soph, Dr Hale said, papa is sleeping cause baby need to sleep. He will wake up when baby is awake." Max comforting her but she continued hugging Alec's hiding her face. Magnus knew she was actually crying. "Papa, I miss you. Please wake up." Her soft voice spoke and Magnus felt tears running down his cheek. He wiped it immediately doesn't want the twins to see. He got up and kissed Alec on his lips before leaving the room.

Magnus leaned his back on the wall and sighed. His body is tired and he missed Alec. His smiled, his gaze when he stares at Magnus and the most was his voice. Magnus kept scrolling through his gallery in his phone just to listen to Alec's voice. His incredible laugh and when he's mad made Magnus love him even more. He was lost in his thought, he looked at his phone and the clock shown 6pm. The twins haven't eaten dinner yet and they have been stuffing themselves with a lot of junk food since everyone kept buying it for them. Even the lady at the hospital cafeteria couldn't escaped Sophia's charm gave her a bag of chocolate chip cookies. He went back inside Alec's room and the twins still talking to Alec and each other.

"Guys, what do you want for dinner?" Magnus asked as he sat on the edge of the bed. Sophie was sitting on Alec's leg and Max on the chair. Magnus wonder maybe he jumped there. He still has a bandage wrapped around his forehead but yesterday they opened them and had it dressed. "Daddy look, the baby is awake. Papa is gonna awake soon!" Sophie pointed at Alec's stomach when it move. The baby has been moving a lot lately and kicked it few times more especially when Magnus talking to him.