8

-Not Edited

After getting the call from Scott about Lydia being in the hospital, Scott, Liam, and Veronica pushed open the double doors to the hospital room, "Tracy was buried?" Scott asked the two werewolves confused.

"In a hole. Buried Alive. Crawled out," Liam explained the process quickly.

"We also found another hole," Veronica added into what Liam had said.

"Who was buried in that one?" Scott asked them confused.

"I don't know," She shrugged, "But I think we're going to want to find out as soon as possible,"

After exiting the elevator that all of their friends were on, the three werewolves walked over to the group.

"Theo, nice going, you probably saved her life," Melissa turned to Theo and thanked him, leaning Veronica a bit confused, just as Stiles did.

Mellisa quickly turned to face Scott and Veronica as Theo looked directly at Veronica, who rolled her eyes at him before looking at Melissa, "Alright, she's about to go into surgery, so it's going to be a while," She informed them, 'Any other supernatural details I need to know about. Or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?"

"It was the tail," Kira spoke up and Melissa turned to her, confused.

"Yeah, Tracy cut her with the tail of that makes a difference," Scott added in to what Kira had said to make it more understandable.

"Okay," Mellisa nodded before walking off.

"But it wasn't just Tracey, there were the others," Malia spoke up, causing Veronica to frown, "The guys in the masks."

Veronica looked around to see no one seemed to believe Malia, not even Stiles, who always believed her, "Malia, what do you mean guys in masks?" She asked the girl concerned, seeming to be the only one who took the chance to hear what Malia had to say.

"The guys in the masks, the ones that killed Tracey," Malia answered quickly and Veronica could already tell that Malia was telling the truth,

Veronica let out a sigh, flicking out her claws, which made Liam and Scott, who were closest to her, back up, "Woah," Stiles muttered as he lifted his hands up in surrender, "Put the claws away, Veronica. You're not going to do what I think you're going to do." Stiles decided.

"What is she going to do?" Theo asked, confused about it.

Veronica rolled her eyes at Theo's question and ignored him"May I?" Veronica asked the girl, who quickly nodded her head.

Veronica took a deep breath as she walked over to stand behind Malia. Both Malia and Veronica gasped out as Veronica dug her claws into Malia's neck to obtain the memory that Malia had about the guys in the masks.

Flashes of the guys in the masks flashed through Veronica's mind as she looked through Malia's memories. Once getting a good look at them, Veronica couldn't help but feel a bit familiarity with them. Veronica gasped once more for breath as she pulled her claws out of Malia's neck.

She glanced around at everyone to see everyone looking at her in concern, "I need some air." She muttered before storming off.

Scott turned to look over at everyone before running after his girlfriend. Scott found Veronica standing outside the hospital, pacing back and forth, "What happened in there? Are you okay?" Scott asked her concerned as he ran over to her.

Veronica stopped pacing, running a hand through her raven hair as she turned to Scott, "Malia's telling the truth about the guys in the mask. They're real," She admitted to him, "And I don't know what it is, but they seem oddly familiar to me. From a few years ago. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to say it all out loud. Who are they and what the hell are they doing here?"

As Veronica ranted to Scott about it all, Theo Raeken stood to the side of the hospital building, listening in on their conversation. He knew exactly why she felt familiarity with it, but it didn't mean he was actually going to say anything.

____________

Once getting home, Scott and Veronica walked into the kitchen and Scott immediately noticed Veronica's down in the dumps mood. He grabbed her by the hand as he turned his body around to face her fully, "Hey," He spoke up, cupping her face with his hands, "We'll figure everything out soon enough. I know it." He assured her quietly.

Veronica slowly nodded as she looked up at him, giving him a small smile. She leaned forward, pressing her lips against Scott's. They continued to kiss for a long moment until Veronica sensed a presence nearby. She pulled away from kissing Scott and turned her head to see Deaton standing in the living room, "Sorry to interrupt," He spoke up, causing Scott to turn his head also.

Deaton walked into the kitchen where they stood and placed his bag on the kitchen table. He pulled out Belasko's talons, which were in a glass case, "A werewolf with the talons of an eagle," He informed them as he held them up, "Possible a shape-shifter, known in eastern mythology as a Garuda." He placed them down on the table before picking up Tracy's claws, "Tracy's claws. The unmistakeable claws of a werewolf...But..." He trailed off, picking up another jaw, "A werewolf who also bears the venom and the scales of a Kanima."

Veronica frowned as she held up the jar of Werewolf claws and examined it, "What the hell do you even call that?" She asked curiously.

"Personally, I call it terrifying," Deaton confessed, "But at the moment, I'm more interested in how Tracy was able to get across the Mountain Ash."

"Nothing supernatural can do that though," Veronica stated and Deaton nodded his head.

"That is completely right, Veronica," Deaton agreed with her, "So if Tracy was able to cross the Mountain Ash and no one supernatural can do that..." He trailed off.

"Tracy's not supernatural." Scott realized.

"Exactly," Deaton replied, "If she wasn't born and she wasn't bitten, she had to have been made."

"Made?" Veronica frowned in confusion.

"Someone is trying to make supernatural creatures with non-supernatural means." Deaton explained, "And whoever they are, they're somehow managing to blur the lines between science and the supernatural."

"But there's more," Scott spoke up, "Veronica and Liam found another hole out in the woods."

"We did." Veronica nodded her head in agreement.

"Burying them could be part of their process, a kind of incubation," Deaton explained to them.

"What are we supposed to do?" Veronica asked, a concerned look on her face.

"Same thing the two of you have always done," He replied, "Protect your friends. Protect each other."

"What about someone like Tracy?" Scott questioned concerned.

"I wish I could tell you," Deaton told him, "Hopefully, I'll have more answers soon. I'll be gone for a few days. "

"You're leaving?" Scott questioned.

"Just a few days," Deaton assured Scott.

Veronica sighed, "Deaton, how scared should we be?"

Deaton glanced down and picked up one of the jars, "I've lived in the world of the supernatural a long time. But I'm still a doctor. Still a man of science. When something like this happens, it rattles the foundation of everything you believe. Something like this shakes you to the core."

"Something like what?" Scott asked concerned.

"The rules," he answered, "The rules have changed."