3

Veronica stood next to Stiles and Scott in the locker room as they listened to Theo's backstory

Veronica stood next to Stiles and Scott in the locker room as they listened to Theo's backstory. Veronica focused her hearing on his heartbeat. She was better than anybody in their pack at her senses. She was honestly even better than Derek. Everyone, including Derek, knew that.

"I was skating in a neighbor's empty pool, trying to do a hand plant," Theo began to explain the way he became a werewolf, "Nobody was home. I'm not that good of a skateboarder, but I guess I was feeling pretty determined because I completely loss track of time. I didn't even realize it was dark out until the yard lights came on. Like I said, I wasn't really good. On my last try, I went down and hit hard. Really hard. I was sitting there, at the bottom of the pool and then I realized something, I never heard the board come back down," Theo explained to the group calmly, "It came at me fast, I barely had a chance to turn around before it bit me. Right here." Veronica watched closely as Theo pointed his index finger at his torso. She remembered Scott telling her he had been bitten in the same exact place by Peter.

"Well, it wasn't an accident, he wanted to turn you." Scott replied to his explanation.

"Right," Stiles nodded his head, even though he truly didn't believe his story, "So why aren't you apart of his pack?" He questioned, making the three werewolves to turn to see Stiles leaning against the lockers with his arms crossed, "Why didn't he come back for you?"

"Because, by the time of the first full moon, he was dead." Theo informed them and Veronica frowned in confusion.

"How do you know that, huh?" Veronica asked curiously.

"I met another member of his pack a couple weeks later, he was killed by two of his own betas. They were twins." The looked directly at Veronica, noticing her tense up a bit at the mention of Ethan and Aiden.

Scott quickly looked over at Veronica, a concerned look on his face, "Ethan and Aiden." Veronica spoke up, "They killed their Alpha and his pack about a year after I killed mine. Which means you must have bitten about two years ago, soon after the last time I saw you."

Theo noticed that Veronica seemed as if she didn't believe him, "Scott, Veronica, listen to my pulse, I'm telling you the truth." Theo told them quietly, his voice sounding a bit pleading.

"Right, or you just know how to steady your own heart rate while your ass off, just like Veronica can." Stiles retorted with an attitude.

Veronica scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Shut up, Stiles." She got defensive once he mentioned her name.

Theo looked at the trio nervously, "Why would I lie?" He asked them in disbelief.

"Because maybe you're not who you say you are." Stiles replied calmly.

Theo was quiet for a long moment until he finally spoke up, "Okay. In the fourth grade, you had an inhaler, I had one too. I remember this day where I ended up in the nurse's office with an asthma attack. A bad one. I was waiting to be taken to the ER. You were waiting for the Principal. You told me what would happen when you go to the ER for asthma. How they give you oxygen, an IV of prednisone. You made it sound easy. Like everything would be okay. I've been by myself this whole time. Everybody knows that lone wolves, they don't make it on their own. I swear I'm that same kid from fourth grade. I was hoping you are too." Theo explained to Scott, who seemed to be the only one out of the group to truly believe him.

The class bell rang, making the group of four look up. Theo sighed, "I better not be late for class, you're not the only ones I need to make an impression on."

After Theo left, Stiles, Scott, and Veronica stood next to each other, thinking deeply about what Theo had said. After a moment, both Scott and Veronica glared at Stiles, "Don't give me that look." Stiles argued as he shook his head, slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"We have to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes." Scott told his best friend.

"Not this time, alright? I'm right, there's something off about him, I can feel it." Stiles explained and Veronica couldn't help but nod her head in agreement to what he said about something being off.

Scott rolled his eyes as he began to walk away from Stiles with Veronica, "Lydia's the physic, not you." Scott and Veronica chuckled as they walked out of the locker room together, holding hands.

"Lydia's not a physic, she's a banshee! There's a difference!" Stiles shouted to him.

________

The whole group, excluding Stiles sat at a table in the library together, studying when Stiles walked over, slamming two pieces of paper on the table.

"You found something?" Veronica questioned calmly, leaning forward in her seat to look at the pieces of paper.

"Another signature. This is Theo's dad's signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago. And this is his dad's signature on a transfer form for Beacon Hills High School form just a few days ago." Stiles explained, making Veronica look at him impressed. He had some good detective skills, that's for sure.

"How did you get his transfer form?" Kira questioned confused.

"Did you break into the Administrations office?" Scott asked him concerned.

"No, I did not break into the administration's office," Stiles argued and the whole group gave him a look, "Okay, I might have broken into the administration's office. Just focus on the signatures, okay! They're different!"

Veronica stared at the two signatures intently. He was definitely right, they were different.

"They're sort of different," Malia commented.

"I'm with Stiles on this one, they are completely different!" Veronica sighed in frustration, and pulled the two papers closer to her, "Come on, the garlands don't even match. The undulations of the sinuous stroke are totally off."

"And look at this!" Stiles added in to Veronica's comment, "Perfect example of the Criminal Tremor."

"So, now, Theo's parents aren't Theo's parents?" Kira questioned confused.

"Someone's not someone. And when I figure out who it is, someone's in big trouble." Stiles rambled.

Scott sighed, "But no one's done anything wrong." He argued with his best friend.

"Yet!" Veronica argued calmly, taking Stiles' side, much to Scott's dismay.

"If Theo's parents are both psychotic killers, then obviously shouldn't be trusting him," Stiles told the group.

"My parents are Peter and The Desert Wolf," Malia spoke up, making everyone feel extremely awkward.

Stiles pinched the bridge of his nose, "Okay, it's fine, Veronica and I will just figure this out on our own," Stiles replied, picking up his papers, "Alright? We don't need you or you or you. Come on, Veronica ."

Veronica quickly glanced and shrugged at Scott before getting up and following Stiles, "We don't need anyone!" Stiles yelled out once more.

Just a few moments later, Veronica sat in the passenger's seat of Stiles Jeep while Liam sat in the back. Stiles sighed in frustration as he turned the ignition on.

"You guys ready?" Stiles asked, turning to Veronica.

"What's a criminal tremor?" Liam asked curiously as he held up the two pieces of papers.

Stiles sighed in frustration, taking the two papers from Liam in the backseat before driving off.