Chapter 22

Lonely Hearts Club

Lana

There isn't a better feeling than Marina finding comfort in me.

As we stand there in front of our open hotel room door, she sobs into my neck. I can tell that shattering that ring shattered a part of herself.

I can't be hurt by her reaction. She has only just left Jack for good. At least I hope she has. I love her with all my heart, it would be hard to see her go back to that horrible relationship.

Marina leaves my grasp and heads back inside the room. Quickly following her, I see she lays on the bed. Facing away from the wall, she curls up in a fetal position.

I lay down next to her. Spooning with her after I lay down. I hear her sniff. She must have cried all the tears she could for now. She lets my arms curl around her and comfort her from behind.

"When I was with Jack still," Marina takes a second to wipe her nose. "I consider myself part of this made up club called The Lonely Hearts Club. My heart felt alone and abandoned. But now that you are here to help me pick up the pieces of my heart, I don't feel alone anymore." Marina turns her body to face me. Placing her face far in my neck.

"I'm sorry about everything you went through. I'm going to try and keep my promise about putting Jack behind bars. But you need to be ok with it first. Are you?" She nods in my neck hesitantly.

"I want to be rid of him forever. No matter how hard or exhausting it is for me and you." I place my chin on the top of her head.

"Lets go home. To a place we can be free." We slowly get up out of the bed and grab everything we brought into the room. We are soon back in the car and headed towards Nathan and I's home. Which will turn into me and Marina's.

Pulling up into our driveway around forty five minutes later, I help Marina unload everything. Her luggage, and her as well, land in the guest room across the hall from Nathan's bedroom.

I do feel bad that Nathan is sleeping alone and not with the person he loves. I could barely make it without sleeping with Marina that second night almost two days ago.

Damn, it took me less than three days to fall in love. Truly in love. And with the right person. The person right for me. Marina isn't showing any signs that she returns those feelings. It breaks my heart more than it should at the thought of Marina not even loving me back.

"Hey Lana... Marina.." we both look up from whatever we were doing and see Nathan standing in the doorway.

"I hope the room is comfortable enough for you." She nods quickly, giving Nathan the sweetest smile that she can muster.

"Thank you. Nathan. You don't know how much this means to me. To us." Everything in me is telling me to place my hand on Marina's small one, but I ignore it. The wound I caused Nathan is still very open and raw.

"No problem." And with a calm and defeated look on his face, walks out of the doorway.

I stand up and close the door behind him. Not trying to be heartless, but so I can have a serious and uninterrupted conversation with Marina.

"Marina." She looks up from stocking the dresser. Her face has a slight look of fear. The look a child gives when they think they're in trouble.

"Yeah?" The hesitancy in her voice makes me feel bad. But we have to communicate about the current events coming up.

"So my parents..." I see her relax, both physically and mentally.

"Don't touch each other in questioning ways. Don't use cute pet names if we come up with one. don't act like a couple basically." Now I relax.

"Basically. I know it will be hard, but they are only here for ten days. We can get through it." A small and reassuring smile is now on her face.

"We have only known each other for four days and we are acting like we have been together for at least a year." She ramble. Then she looks up at me in shock.

"Uh, damn. I'm sorry." She collapses onto the bed. She thought she said something wrong. But I don't think she did. I want us to truly be together.

"Hey. Babe." She looks up at me real quick after I say that. "It's ok. I actually want us to be together. Like, in a relationship. But I understand if you aren't ready yet..." a look of relief is now on her face.

"No.... I'm not ready... I'm sorry.." she mutters. She is acting so cute right now, I almost can't even.

"Stop apologizing. It's ok. Don't worry, I'll still stick by your side." She looks up at me. Next thing I know, we are in a slow and passionate kiss.

"We have had sex almost everyday. Does our sex drives have to do without lack of good sex?" She snorts at my question.

"I don't know. But I don't exactly mind it at the moment.." her smile and giggle are to much for me. I press my lips to hers once again. Leaning her back, I straddle her and pin her hands above her head.

"Nice and slow, just the way you like it." Blush creeps onto her cheeks. I don't think she has ever done anything remotely kinky.

"Do whatever you want. Just slow, please." I smile and nod in response.

"Anything for my former Lonely Hearts Club member."
_________________________________________________________________________________
HOLY SHIT (holy shit) HOLY SHIT (holy shit) HoLY SHIt HOlY ShiT HOLY SHit hoLY SHIt
H O L Y S H I I I I I I I I I T!!!!

(And yes, you better of caught the Heathers: Musical quote)

1k reads.... I can't believe it....

Thank you guys so much!!! I can't express how great full I am for it all. So I'm going to keep this short.

I Love You!!!💕💕💕💕💕
-R