Chapter- 24

School.

Today is the day that I'll be walking in school.. with Chandler right by my side. And the thought of that makes me extremely uneasy. Everyone in school will know that we.. um we're.. well whatever we are, they'll at least know we're talking. Some what.

"Are you ready?" Chandler called from downstairs right as I finished the last curl to my hair.

Honestly, no I wasn't ready at all. I needed sleep. For the past few days with Chandler, I haven't got one ounce of sleep. Why, you ask?

Because he freaking snores as loud as an elephant going through heat. That's why.

"Alina, we're going to be late!!" Chandler calls once more, now impatiently.

"Never rush a woman." I surprise him by walking past him and out the door.

"I'll take note to that." He teases as we head off to the place I hate with a passion.

"I need you to drop me off at my cousins after school." I inform him and Chandler perks up at this.

"Can I ask why?"

"I just wanted to see if she knew the reason why Beck left in such a hurry."

"Why do you care so much?" There was a hint of jealousy as he said it and I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm just curious." I say honestly, " It was so weird.."

"I'll bring you to your cousins but I was actually planning on doing something with you after school." He says in that 'matter of fact' way and my eyebrows quirk up.

"What would that be?"

"Nothing special.. a trip to Milkshake Mike's?" He suggests and I can't help but chuckle.

"So a date.?"

"Maybe."

"You do remember what happened on our last date right?"

I shouldn't have said that because the smile disappeared off Chandler's face and his eyes became that murky dark color.

"You're right." He suddenly says ," It's to dangerous... After baseball practice, we'll go to your cousins and then straight home."

Disappointment came over me instantly. A date with Chandler would've been nice.

"Baseball practice?" I groan, pushing away that feeling I had.

"It'll only be an hour."

And with that we pull up in the school parking lot, cutting off any further conversation.

"I'm nervous." The words tumble out my mouth before I can stop them. People start staring at us. Whispering. Shocked at the fact that were just under the same roof together moments before.

"Hold my hand." Chandler grins cheekily at me and grabs my hand.

"What?!" Panic starts to swell in my chest, " We can't-"

"Alina, I'm your mate... I can hold your hand." He paused," Who cares what they think anyways."

I found myself walking along side Chandler. Dorkily, he swung our hands back and forth as he said hey to the people we passed. Everyone's eyes were trained on me. The girls were staring daggers at me while the guys looked at Chandler confused.

As confused as anyone else, I knew one thing was for sure. We are one messed up... whatever we are.

Inside the school, talk about Chandler and I bounced off the walls and to every group of people but something different caught my eye. There was a table down the hall with Banners all over that read -