Chapter 21

"Are you positive you don't know this man?" The police officer asks me across the table, referring to skinny.
Skinny was dead, and the police took me into questioning shortly after. Chandler, was still no where to be seen.
I sighed dramatically. He's asked me this question four times now.
"I've never seen him before in my life."
And that was the truth.
The police officer looked at me long and hard before letting me go.
"Hey kid, want me to call your parents for ya?" The lady in the front office asked and I shook my head no.
If my parents found out about this, I'd be back in therapy for sure.
It was pitch black outside but my house wasn't that far, thank god but the icy wind was ferocious.
"Frick you Chandler, Frick you!!" I screamed as I walked down a dark road, letting my anger that was boiling come out.
Chandler sure knows how to impress me, I thought but then again, it really wasn't his fault. I did promise that I would help him overcome his drug habits...
I couldn't keep walking on this creepy road for another minute.. Wait a sec..
Would it be smart to just shift in my wolf and run home?? There is a chance I could be seen.
Suddenly, some creature in the woods next to me made a noise and I almost shit my pants. Okay, now I'm shifting!
I went out into the woods, but still stayed next to the road, and shifted into my wolf. I put my clothes in between my teeth and ran until I came to my pack territory. The two guards gave me a questioning look but let me through the gates anyways. I shifted back behind my house, and changed quickly. I walked through my front door like nothing had happened and thought I was good until my mom caught me, going up the stairs.
"Ah, not so fast!" She shrieked and I froze, turning around slowly.
"Yes ma'm?" I tried but her look didn't change.
"Good god Alina, it's almost 12! Why are you so late..?" Her voice coated with worry and I instantly I felt guilty.
My fingers drummed on the stair's railing as I tried to come up with an excuse.
"Chandlers car broke down and we had to push it all the way to the gas station! Sorry mom, I should have called."
A lump in my throat formed as I realized I lost my phone. Shit. Mom sighed, putting her hands on her hips. She finally waved me off.
"Alright, go get some sleep. You have school in the morning." She said and I nodded.
Except I couldn't get any sleep at all. The sound of the little girls piercing scream and skinny falling to the ground haunted me the whole night.
I got to school in a hurry to see if Chandler was there and with an explanation but he wasn't.
Or the next day and the following day after that. I became a paranoid wreck. What if they hurt him..?
I decided to stop at Chandler's house. My last bit of hope of where he could be. I knocked on the door rationally.
What if he answered the door again with another girl clinging to him- Stop Alina! My mind was in a thousand places at once and I can't allow it going down there. The old lady who I've bumped into quit a few times answered the door. Her face held disappointment once she realized it was me.
"Is Chandler here?" I asked and her face drooped.
"I thought you were him.. haven't seen him since Sunday night." She confirmed my worries.
I mumbled my thanks and fled to my car. What would the drug dealers want with Chandler? He cut off all ties with them. Wait. My own personal light bulb went off in my head.
But maybe they weren't done with him.
"Alina?" Chrissy snapped her fingers in my face," Were you even listening?" She exclaimed.
It was now Wednesday and still.. nothing. I was coming to a conclusion that he was dead and they killed him and threw his body in some river and-
"ALINA FREAKING WOOD!!" Chrissy yelled.
"Yes I was listening!" I lied and she rolled her eyes.
"Really, what was she saying?" Jax suddenly jumped into the conversation.
Oh don't you start now too.
"She said-"
And then I saw him. There was Chandler walking in the school casually. I had to blink a few times to make sure it wasn't his ghost. To clarify that he wasn't, he turned his head to look at me before walking inside. He's alright. I got up slowly, dazed.
"I'll talk to ya'll later." I threw over my shoulder to Chrissy and Jax as I tried to catch up with Chandler.
"If she'll talk at all next time. I don't know what's gotten into her lately." Chrissy mumbled but I still heard her.
Ouch.
It was like Chandler knew I was going to try to talk with him because he was waiting for me by the door.
"We need to-"
"Talk. Right, follow me." He rushed out and started walking to the gym, I followed. No one had gym this early in the morning, but I'd be ditching my first class.
Chandler motioned for the bench and we both sat silently. I couldn't take it anymore so I cut the tension.
"You could have contacted me some how you know. After what happened, and you didn't show up for a few days.. I thought something happened to you."
"You scared the shit out of me." I added getting a little choked up, embarrassingly.
"I'm sorry." Chandler winces.
That's it?
"Why were you gone and who were they? I need you to tell me everything." I say and Chandler nods.
"They were my suppliers and weren't happy that I dropped out. They think I'm going to rat them out about what they do so they want to shut me up." He says and suddenly I understand.
"Their going to try to hurt you.. but that doesn't explain why you were gone." I point out and he nods.
"I've been in this for a while, I know what they can do Alina." He says solemnly," They've killed people."
My breathing hitches and I stare at him in shock.
"So, for the last few days I've been talking and visiting your dad and brother." He confesses and my mouth drops open. I stare at him in disbelief but couldn't say anything.
"They've agreed that you should move in with me and my pack." Chandler makes a move to grab my hand but I move it, jumping up from the bench.
"Your pack is still recovering and mine has more fighters.."
"Chandler what are you saying?!" I shriek.
"I think.. that they want to hurt you too."
___________________________
A/n
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
Not really much of an authors note this time because of the update before this... so yeah :)
INSTAGRAM- Gabbyw00d
YOUTUBE- gabbyguru202